Thread: 60" Bull Moose Club

Default 60" Bull Moose Club

O.K. Who thinks they will join the club this year?, ( that was just a forwarning to those that think they can get in )

This is supposed to be a funny thread so please don't try to read into it more than it is. People get to serious on here sometimes. ( every moose is a good moose )

If you are lucky enough we expect stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    O.K. Who thinks they will join the club this year?, ( that was just a forwarning to those that think they can get in )

This is supposed to be a funny thread so please don't try to read into it more than it is. People get to serious on here sometimes. ( every moose is a good moose )

If you are lucky enough we expect stories.
    Probably won't this year or maybe ever. My first moose was a 59" been all down hill since then.

Two years ago we pulled a 57 and last year a 58 so maybe this year we will find an over acheiver
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I'm praying that the good lord smiles upon me and my efforts. Have a great hunting partner that will be a great help as well. 5 weeks to go.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

1st AK moose hunt coming up this September. Anything legal...please. 60" would be incredible!

BTDT [avatar] but a third would be nice for an old guy! I expct to see one but calling results depend on weather a lot.

Moose season in 9 days......... (If you live in the correct location)

A 60 incher would sure make it easier to decide on shooter/no shooter, so I'm hoping. Shot a 56 incher in 2006, would like one a little bigger if only to make the shot decision easier.

Good luck to all as you chase the big alces, and hope you find a good partner to help with the field dressing and packing!

Hell if we are dreaming Lets go for 70+ Thats what I'm hoping for.

Just my nickel,
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    Hell if we are dreaming Lets go for 70+ Thats what I'm hoping for.

Just my nickel,
    Drew

Why not 80" ++ (Eberhard's had two in the store, fatally locked together)

70+ includes moose over 80 inches.
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

My first moose was a 32 inch (missing a palm and definitely the meanest moose in the area), second a 59, third a 55. Last year my hunting partner shoot a wonderful 70+ (made the all time book) so there is a chance. Probably not this year, staying home hunting the smaller Shiras moose. Jim

The one pictured in my avatar, I shot him when I was 13, 64", shot 4 others over 60" but that is the only rack I've kept. When he was shot he was 64" wide, and 48" tall. Now he is 58" wide and 42' Tall, He hung on the outside of a cabin for almost 20 years and they do shrink. The biggest I got was a 66" but the racks never mesured up to that one. I think if you do things early in life it leaves a mark on you, lol. Get your kids out there. ( I have 16 kills, but that one was the one that will live forever)