Thread: BOG meeting results

Default BOG meeting results

Where can I find the results of the BOG meeting?
    Bruce

Apparently no place! I've checked the BOG website, but there isn't anything on there yet.

http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/

I'm interested too, but can't find anything.

Tim

Default board of game

They will not post there findings or opinions because they are based on BS and the plan they came up with on the Nelchina heard sucks. Ther for they will all keep there liberal heads buried in the sand to avoid confrotation. Thirty plus years in Alaska and now considered to rich to hunt Nelchina caribou what a total crock of------------- Chef

Default say chef..

tell us what you really think.

Default Tired of the BS posted here

Quote Originally Posted by chef viktor
    They will not post there findings or opinions because they are based on BS and the plan they came up with on the Nelchina heard sucks. Ther for they will all keep there liberal heads buried in the sand to avoid confrotation. Thirty plus years in Alaska and now considered to rich to hunt Nelchina caribou what a total crock of-------------
    Just love that part, Chef, about "there liberal heads...." Let me see, didn't Murkowski appoint all but one of our BOG members, and Palin the most recent? And weren't they confirmed by a republican-controlled legislature and endorsed by the Alaska Outdoor Council as well?

Gee I guess all the above are just dang "liberals" too, eh. Gotta find a scapegoat somewhere, and I really tire of this type of BS being posted that reeks of naivete and ignorance, and is only about anger. I see trailblazersteve has correctly informed you in your other post that the income requirement is just one of many other points in the entire permit process.

I respect the hard work and dedication of all our Board of Game members, even when I don't agree with them. The buck stops with them and they take the fallout for the hard decisions. When they take that fallout, they don't deserve to be called names, don't deserve to be associated with a group they are not, and certainly don't deserve to be disrespected.
    My strong opinion,

agree with mark, we're not in their shoes, if you had their job there'd be someone just like you calling you names. They've got a tough job, i don't envy them that, and to alot of the issues theres no clear cut answer and they do the best they can. They ALSO have alot more information that you do about these situations so don't think you know every aspect of the propsoals and info behinda decision.
    People do the best they can, but they don't make decsions to make us happy...thats not in the job description.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Unhappy Their rational?

I indeed agree with the view points of BRNBR and Bushrat, but with contraversial decisions that affect so many user groups I feel it would be nice...even appropriate for the BOG to dissiminate some information on what problem exactly they feel their decison is aimed at correcting or adjusting, ie their rational and the data or information that lead to their decision. Of course it would not be reasonable to expect that for all of their decisions but for a few of their more contraversial ones it certainly would be appreciated by those affected. From what I gather that is not something that has occured in the past and so to hope for the same currently would be an act of self delusion.

Typically board rationale is discussed at the meeting prior to voting. That process is called deliberation. The proposals themselves typically include some rationale and if the board adopts the proposal then it's safe to say the board believed at least some of that rationale.

For better or worse, and I think for the better, the board process is set up for public participation. If you're at the meeting and are articulate, well prepared and willing to participate it's amazing what you can accomplish. If you're not there, you're not going to have much influence on the outcome or even really have a good handle on what went on. That's just the way it is.

For a number of reasons, I would say the board of fisheries is a little better in this regard, but not much.

Default Tough job for BOG

I work for one of those "Liberals" and know another one. I have sat in on some of the local Advisory Council meetings to learn more and having seen a little of the inside and heard a lot of the rest, I don't envy their job. This last meeting involved decisions on over two hundred issues. Almost to a man, they are dedicated hunters and trappers, sportsmen all and to try to keep as many people as possible happy and maintain future resources...
    This subsistance hunt and the whole Tier II issue will most likely be in court long before the season begins. I might add that this is the subsistance hunt with more than a few people showing up with the $100k motor homes, new 6-wheelers and the like. Great examples of the needy.
    There are those that are honest about it and then there are the others.... and they are the glaring example of what is wrong.
    Last edited by Yellowmaule; 03-16-2007 at 23:15. Reason: Poor spelling