Thread: Parks highway stream with the Family

Default Parks highway stream with the Family

So I promised the kids I'd take them fishing. So I hear the pinks are in up North so off we go.

The bad news is we didn't catch a single pink! What!?!?! The good news is we did manage 3 silvers and 2 chums.

My 9 yr old daughter catches 2 of the silvers completely by herself with no assistance on a hometied jig under a float.

Good day even of we didn't hammer the fish! Actually I thought it was great action for late afternoon silvers but was hoping for a few more pinks. Lol.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default The Kids Did Good

Good shots of the kids kard.I'll bet they outfished you big time.Good for them.....and you too.

Oh yeah...nice fish as well.

Awesome man looks like the kids had a blast! It appears junior handled getting waxed by his sister a whole lot better than I would have. He wasn't even crying! I remember getting smoked by my sister up at caswell when I was about his age and theres no way the old man could have got me to pose for a picture, I was way too busy balling cause we had to go and I hadn't caught one yet.

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Awesome man looks like the kids had a blast! It appears junior handled getting waxed by his sister a whole lot better than I would have. He wasn't even crying! I remember getting smoked by my sister up at caswell when I was about his age and theres no way the old man could have got me to pose for a picture, I was way too busy balling cause we had to go and I hadn't caught one yet.
    That's funny. I remember outfitting the younger bro and he doesn't fish. The son still has the daughter in the "caught entirely by himself" fish by landing a big red by himself at the age if five. Instead of balling like I thought he might, his reaction was "we gotta go again so I can beat her!". Fair enough, we will go again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    So I promised the kids I'd take them fishing. So I hear the pinks are in up North so off we go.

The bad news is we didn't catch a single pink! What!?!?! The good news is we did manage 3 silvers and 2 chums.

My 9 yr old daughter catches 2 of the silvers completely by herself with no assistance on a hometied jig under a float.

Good day even of we didn't hammer the fish! Actually I thought it was great action for late afternoon silvers but was hoping for a few more pinks. Lol.

Great job man...fun to see the kids slaying the salmon!!!

Finally got around to looking at the other camera. Giving away the "spot" though...no flames! lol.

4%u0025252520Saku%252520landing%252520silver.JPG

1%u0025252520Ryu%252520chum%252520on.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    Finally got around to looking at the other camera. Giving away the "spot" though...no flames! lol.

4%u0025252520Saku%252520landing%252520silver.JPG

1%u0025252520Ryu%252520chum%252520on.JPG

LMAO! Nice fish Rudy!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    LMAO! Nice fish Rudy!

Fish On!
    Thx!

------------------------------
    So here's another secret revealed.

How a 9 year old girl outfished the rest of us. She used a float and bobber with the jigs pictured below. She had a 6ft rod and a fixed float so she could only have the jig about 3 ft below the float and cast. In such shallow water, not only was it fishing when it was drifting, but even when it tightened up and the bobber swung toward shore, the jig was "fishing".

I never had confidence in this set up until steelheading in WA and hooking countless kings and cohos. It works up here in Alaska as well I have found. It's a SUPER set up for kids. Almost always fishing. A short cast is typically still in the zone in most streams.

Good thing the fish don't care how pretty the jigs are. Some I pinch/glue split shot onto jig hooks, others I buy the unpainted jigs, and the two with eyes are northland prepainted jigs.