Thread: Last two days on the Kasilof

Default Last two days on the Kasilof

Fished the last to days that kings were open on the Kasilof.We didn't have to launch till 11:00 to hit the tide friday morning so we woke up early to go hit the reds in the Kenai.Four hours later we got 14 chromers out of four of us guys flipping,wasn't hot but sure was some fun!

Hauled butt back down to the launch and took off at 11:00 and fished every hole till last chance with not 1 hook up.Anchored up at last chance whith 20+ boats and had a missed take down and lost a little guy right at the boat.Went down to the Prayer hole and finally the kid got one on the boat!For a kid from Arziona and his first fish what a great one that he will never forget.

On saturday we slept in and launched at 11:00 again,did the same routine with nothing till last chance again.We anchored up and got three to the boat.It was a few hours after high tide and Eric decided to float out and see if we could pic up our last one.Right at the end of the hole the kid got another hit on his pole.After a 30 minute fight he landed the bigest of the trip,though it was a little blushed it was a great catch 46"x26" right at 43lbs he sure wont beat that one for a while!!

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Dem some nice kings....and great for the kid.Right on.

Wife and I plus one other couple took a guided trip on the Kasilof last Wednesday. Did real well. Trip started at 7AM, wife and I got our kings on the first two takedowns of the day (8:15 & 9:30). Other couple had trouble hooking up. They had EIGHT additional takedowns before they finally sealed the deal. Ended with three hens (25 to 35#) and one buck (41#).

Default Nice catch!

Wow Kotton you guys knocked some boots! All these other guys are whining because the gillnetters get few openers while you're out gettin busy, nice job! BTW those pictures are awesome I like the fact you got the gillnetters in the background

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov