Thread: Nancy Lake Moose

Default Nancy Lake Moose

I have a limited amount of time to hunt this year and am looking for someplace close to home. Anybody ever hunt the Nancy Lake area for moose? I talked to F&G in Palmer but they weren't much help. Thanks.

I hunted the area a few years ago. Called in a sub-legal bull. He didn't act 'small' coming through the brush though, what a rush! I only talked to one other group of hunters in there when I was hunting the area and we were a couple lakes apart. I think if you go back in a ways you'll have the area to yourself, especially during the week. I concentrated on the edges of the meadows around the lakes for the first few days but saw most of my sign along the ridges between the lakes. Good luck.

Iíve never hunted the Nancy lake area, as I see it your problem is not if there moose, finding a legal bull, competition from the locals, and how hard you hunt the area will determine if you are successful. There are a lot of moose in the Mat Sue your skill as a hunter is what will determine if you are successful, + luck.

Good Luck.