Thread: AlaskaMokaiman check this out

Default AlaskaMokaiman check this out

Here is an electric twin screw driven Kayak type just about to come on the market.

www.streamdancer.com

What do you think?

I am not involved with this product. I found it while on a kayaking forum last night.

George

He is talking to two different kayak companies about production and hoping to get royalties. The screws still need some design work as do the control pedals, I have been watching this for about a year. I think that electric would be nice to get in places that won't let you use gas, I wonder how long the batteries last with my Minnkota without a maximizer I can get 8-9 hours then I am dead in the water. There is another kayak that has a place moulded for an electric motor in the hull so that you can reduce drag when not in use. I am looking into an Animal engine to see if it will work in the Mokai. There is a kayak on this forum that has a 45 horse power engine in it search Mokai you will see one that says not a m
    Mokai motor comes out of a Power Ski could buy 2 Mokai's for the cost of a PowerSki. I contacted the company they are proud of the engine cost reflects it.

I didn't exhaust the site but was interested in what the screws look like. I am thinking of the Nautalus in the movie "A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". You got an idea?

George

I am looking at a mokai out here used but the guy wants new price for it. Waiting for the water to be less stiff to try it out.

I think that he said that the screws are in a tunnel. I invision 2 small augers. I would like to know what the run time would be, I expect a top speed of 6-8 knots not enough for most running water in Alaska.

I don't know who's boat you are looking at so pull the pump and feel the green wear ring. might be white PM me and let me know what color.
    Look at the color of the connector between the motor and pump.
    Feel inside the muffler guard to see if the muffler is tight, look at the governor arm rod top of carb. to see if the little spring is stretched, if broken it will still be there but not stretched.
    Remember $3900. delivered Palmer.

Mokai,
    Thanks for the reply and advise as to what to inspect. As soon as we get a warm spell to see if this thing is what I want I will inspect and let you know. I really appreciate the price info.

Hope you are staying warm,

George

George,

My e-mail is alaskamokai@gmail.com if you contact me through it you will get a phone number if you need to talk with me after or when you look at the used boat.

Cheers,
    Andy

Thanks Andy,
    Will do...

I will be at the Sportsman's Show next week, booth 53, stop by and say hi.

George

Just way too funny I will be in booth 52 see you at the show.

That is too funny... See you there.

George