Thread: Little Su/Montana -vs- Kasilov/Swanson?

Default Little Su/Montana -vs- Kasilov/Swanson?

What would you do? We're arriving in Anchorage and picking up an RV. It's our third summer doing this...yes!! My wife and I have from Aug. 10th through the 24th with an open itinerary. Understanding that fish are fish, and runs seem to be a little off from what I'm reading, where would you guys start and finish if you wanted to fish these areas for hard charging chrome silvers?
    I know that this forum isn't a travel agency, and I'm not looking for your favorite uncle's secret spot (although I'll listen if you want to tell me). I do appreciate the help I've gotten on here so far, and look forward to bending some rods and knocking back a few cold ones with some of the guys I've met. Thanks for your advice.

Sounds like perfect timing, the fish seem to be about a week late this year so all the those areas should have tons of fish. I would start in the Valley on the Little Su for a couple days then hit Fish Creek on a weekend and finally finish my trip out on the Kenai but thats just me. Good luck, safe travels.

Took the family to the Little Su today. Nothing but a lot of boats and mirky water. Bueatiful day no fish lots of snags. I would not waste your time there until next week.

The beauty of a motorhome is you dont have to decide until you get there. I would guess the Valley would be first. The Silvers usually show there first. Check with Three Rivers in Wasilla for a fish update. Stay flexible, your hotel is on wheels. Have a great time.