Thread: DCUA sheep mount

Default DCUA sheep mount

I will be getting my 2010 sheep back from the taxi on monday. Here's a couple pics of the final product he just sent me. Good luck to all you sheep hunters this year.
    .sheep mount 2.JPGsheep mount 1.JPG

Very nice mount!Definetely on the bucket list to get at least one in my life.

Wonderful mount there Sir!!! Love how the lamb tips are still completely there and not rubbed or broken at all...very cool. I was lucky enough to draw this hunt (late season one) and plan on spending roughly 20 days back in there if thats what it takes to bag my first sheep.

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Wonderful mount there Sir!!! Love how the lamb tips are still completely there and not rubbed or broken at all...very cool. I was lucky enough to draw this hunt (late season one) and plan on spending roughly 20 days back in there if thats what it takes to bag my first sheep.

Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Congrats on the draw, that's the permit I drew last year. I took this ram on the 27th. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great hunt. Stay safe.

who did your mount? it's sweet.

Mike Frazier (Fur and Feather Taxidermy) off of lower Huffman. He's been getting all my work for the last 8 or so years now. Great guy and I really like his work.

Congrats, beautiful ram. What did he measure out at?

Alaska_Lanche-- I've been fortunate to draw DCUA with a partner, walk-in hunt, we got 2 1st rams. I also accompanied another friend one time, he had the motor-in hunt but we walked in 2 days before the motors, he got his ram. You will see lots of sheep, be patient, keep at it and you'll get a crack at one, especially if you can spend that amount of time in there. Have you figured out where you are going and how you are getting there? I can give you some info if you want. pm me

He is 38"X12 & 7/8" on the biggest side, 37 &1/2" on the smaller side.

Looks Good, Hopefully I'll be posting mine in a week or so.Can't wait.

I have drawn the motorized permit and have never been in the area. Any tips or advise would be great. I also have some time to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    He is 38"X12 & 7/8" on the biggest side, 37 &1/2" on the smaller side.
    Nice...beautiful ram.

Great job and love the mount. Very very nice ram. I am a little jealous this year, but next year I will be out there with you all!
    Best of luck on your Delta hunt. I am sure you will find another great ram!

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    Great job and love the mount. Very very nice ram. I am a little jealous this year, but next year I will be out there with you all!
    Best of luck on your Delta hunt. I am sure you will find another great ram!
    Not me. I drew nothing this year. I can only do one hunt/yr. with getting time off work, etc. Since the freezer is getting low, this year will be a moose hunt. Good luck to all.

great ram...perfect lamb tips at that age are really cool!
    Proud to be an American!

Nice ram and a beautiful mount. Snyd is right, beautiful area, and anyone who does this hunt will see sheep! Being Patient and having time will pay off. I helped an ex-girlfriend take a nice one out of there a few years back. It was a great trip, saw tons of sheep, and she took a nice double broomer. She had the late season tag, so we wheeled in. Last season my hunting partner and I drew 1st season, and we flew in with 40 mile air. Great trip, saw plenty of sheep, but just couldn't lock one down. Had the bead on a nice ram, but we were not confident that it was quiet legal, so we let him walk. Saw a couple pigs, but they were inaccessible. It was very hot out the entire week, and the normally little stream was a rageing glacial river. Sheep were high, and hunting was tough. It was still a great time!

I really like how this turned out, hope he is just as you remember him high up on that mountain. Congrats!

Wow. Congrat's!

Taylor