Thread: Dipping at Fish creek or Rod and reel kenai?

Default Dipping at Fish creek or Rod and reel kenai?

Well i have a few options here. I was thinking of dipping at fish creek tomorrow amongst the crowds, or trying to find the fish along the banks of the Kenai. If your recommending the kenai, where would YOU go?

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Fish Creek is closer for you--save the gas.

Thumbs down Warning: Testosterone Alert for Fish Creek!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Collett View Post
    Fish Creek is closer for you--save the gas.
    wait a minute! eagle river is part of the municipality of skankorage, and the municipality extends to girthrod, so by my calculations he's about half way. I'd hit the kenai w/ a rod and reel Ryan. You'll have the time of your life and you won't have to fight a mob of angry dippers, the girls are prettier on the kenai anyway

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    wait a minute! eagle river is part of the municipality of skankorage, and the municipality extends to girthrod, so by my calculations he's about half way. I'd hit the kenai w/ a rod and reel Ryan. You'll have the time of your life and you won't have to fight a mob of angry dippers, the girls are prettier on the kenai anyway
    Hey! Easy now.... If it wasn't for Skankorage, there probably wouldn't even be a Wasiphilis!

I would fish the Kenai. Upper river should be pretty good (Russian and on down to Jim's Landing). Folks were even getting some just down on the bank at Jim's last Sunday. I would plan to fish below the power lines so you can keep six. There are several pull offs with trails. Keep alert for brown bears (yes, contrary to some, they do exist on the Kenai). Also, the lower river is probably good...Bing's landing (walk down the trail, then work down the river from the stairs). Also, Soldotna areas are probably good too. I would avoid Fish Creek as it will probably be an all out pandemonium fest with a very mixed bag of folks with an even more mixed bag of skills coupled with a very wide range of personalities/attitudes. Im taking my wife and kids pink fishing tomorrow (going south).

I fished the upper Kenai yesterday with 2 friends that I have fished with for several years. We normally limit out quickly with our salmon and swap over to trout for the rest of the drift but it was DEAD to say the least. One keepable red (we caught severl "tomatoes") among the 3 of us! I would'nt go to play in the mud at Fish Creek, but I think I would go further south (downstream) than the Upper Kenai.

Well I ended up going to the Kenai. Was at Centennial for a few hours on Saturday morning and the pickings were slim. I saw a couple keepers that were caught there, but otherwise was very very dead. We moved up to Bings on the word of one of the Fisherman at Centennial, and it was pretty packed with people. Some pretty good fish there including some good chromed fish, and some blushed ones as well. Surprisingly didnt see any real red fish. That being said I hooked into a few. One dorsal hooked and released the other 2 were in the mouth and off the line shortly after. It was kinda hit and miss for most of the people there. I ended my day with no fish though. Oh well maybe next time. Thanks for all the help.