Thread: Need RV rental for Fishapalooza. ABC and Great Alaska won't work. Any idea?

Question Need RV rental for Fishapalooza. ABC and Great Alaska won't work. Any idea?

Great Alaska Holidays says no hitches on their RV's and they don't permit towing.

ABC was my ace in the hole till I called to firm up reservation just now and the guy says they are booked up for Sept 5 and 6th. Our Palooza dates are Sept 5-12 and I called an hour ago to confirm availability and pricing. Would have been nice if the chic on the phone would have told me I couldn't get any RV till Sept 7th as I bought my plane tickets after I talked to her.

I need a third option for an RV rental. Plan is to tow a rented flat bed trailer for our raft shuttling. Need a receiver, otherwise any ole RV will work. Never stayed in one till last year at Palooza. Not picky. Just wondering if you guys could suggest some reputable rental places other than the two mentioned. Thanks for any suggestion.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Craigslist and/or Alaskaslist, can't guarantee how clean it will be though!

I know on AK list there is a rental section.

Go to Craigslist Anchorage. Select RV in the For Sale section. Search "Rent" This is what I got

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/sear...inAsk=&maxAsk=

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Dan
    we can use my Pilot for most of your trip fer towin'
    I don't get there until the 7th though.
    You could always change your tickets and show up on the 7th too.

I appreciate the suggestions guys.

Thanks Dave. I may take you up on that if my plan blows up. I just hate relying on others to haul my rig. I won't be satisfied till I can do this trip independently. Reason being, I want to come up 4-5 days at a time on my own, or with Carrie. As of now, I can only do the trip with some assistance from my palooza buddies. I appreciate it of course, but I need to figure out how to do it solo. Would be nice to come up 2-3 times each season for shorter, cheaper (tent camping) trips.

Plan now is to rent a flatbed trailer again, pull to boat ramp in RV. If Carrie and I are solo, rig some wheel kit under the raft to take it in/out, parking the RV in the main lot. Boat is too heavy for the two of us to carry. Don't want to be steering the box on wheels down the ramp. Thoughts now revolve around some kayak wheel carts and cam straps, wheels under each tube. Could work well, will find out soon enough. Ordering some carts, we will use them with our saltwater kayaks here in NC anyway, so no money wasted.

As for flying in on the 7th, don't have the time. Back to NC on the 13th for work. Will be driving up to the New River Gorge in West Virginia for some white water rafting Sept 1-4, then driving to DC and flying straight to ANC. Lots of planning it took, but should be a good trip. Found Clippership rentals and they got boxes on wheels for $100/night, has a receiver, etc.. Looks like that is the route I will go.

One under each tube, roll the raft in/out of the water

Weight capacity is 180 lbs each (X2 as I will have two carts) and wheels are "no flat" foam filled wheels.

??

http://www.wheeleez.com/

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.