Thread: Upper Snow Hawk Cabin???

Default Upper Snow Hawk Cabin???

A coworker of mine has given me his reservation for the Upper Snow Hawk Cabin in Arctic Valley. I don't know much about it and information is pretty scarce. Do you guys have any helpful tips to finding the cabin or just any past experiences??

Thanks in advance.

Never been there myself,

but trails.com says
    http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=HGA048-021

that hike/cabin is covered in this book
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/089...f=assoc_qcb_im

that you may want to leaf through at your library if no first person accounts come through here on the forum.

Thanks. We started hiking in and after a 1.5 hour detour we finally found the right trail. It was very over grown but also very well marked(once you found the right trail.) Made it to the lThanks. We started hiking in and after an hour and a half detour we finally found the right trail. It was over grown but also very well marked(once you found the right trail.) Made it to the lower cabin in about 2 hours(from the trail head.) The trail seemed to fade from there. We ended up turning back. The girlfriends were not having much fun getting suck with devils club ever few minutes and my other hiking partner wasn't feeling too hot from the night before.
    I would recommend this as a day hike, but not carrying a full pack of overnight gear and a tent(just in case the upper cabin had burned down too.)
    ower cabin in about 2 hours. The trail seemed to fade from there. We ended up turning back. The girlfriends were not having much fun getting suck with devils club ever few minutes and my other hiking partner wasn't feeling too hot from the night before.
    I would recomend this as a day hike, but not carrying a full pack of overnight gear and a tent(just in case the upper cabin had burned down too.)