Thread: Black bear tanning?

Default Black bear tanning?

Alpha Fur is not accepting any fur for the moment. Have a nice black bear hide that I want to get tanned, no rug.

Any suggestions on who to send it to?
    Tennessee

Northland Taxidermy in Sterling. I just took mine there a couple of weeks ago. Went there on recommendations from two of my friends that have had bears done there and were happy.

The man (if he can call me woman, I'm calling him man) and I spent A LOT of time researching taxidermist before deciding on Woodland Taxidermy in Palmer. I just picked up my tanned grizzly last month and I'm very happy with it. Decided not to do a rug until I find out what happens with my Kodiak tag next spring...only have so much wall space you know.

Tim at trophy tanning and taxidermy in between palmer and wasilla does a great job, he's tanned a dozen or more bears for my clients....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Ran into the same problem last weekend. Arctic Fox Taxidermy on the highway before you get to the valley Wal-Mart. 376-4776

Check out the trophy rooms while u r there.

Spoke to the guys at Alpha Furs on 8-5-11. They stated that they were not accepting any new work back in June because they had to catch up. Now however they are again accepting new skins and will continue to do so through the fall season. Hopes this information helps.

i've taken two lifesize hides to alpha for clients and lost most all the hair on both of them....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212