Thread: Soldotna reports?

Default Soldotna reports?

Heading down there for a quick hitter tonight, anybody fished it within the last day or so? Numbers still look good, so I'm optimistic it'll still be pretty good.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

They're still in buddy. Crowds are down too. Lot's of really freaking huge reds this year. Good luck.
    If anything is going to happen, it'll happen out there.

Yup, should be just fine, lots of fish moving through.

Hit swiftwater last night and limited out.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

You coming down with a pole or a dipnet?

Were I was at Rotary Park I think I was landing hits fairly often and people around us were getting hits even more. This was yesterday.

Thanks fellas That is exactly what I wanted to hear. Taking the nephew out for his first Reds. Will post!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Fished from 5am till almost 5 pm. Between my buddy and I and my proxy, we got our 18 reds. Slowed down some, but we hung in there and got our fish!

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Glad to hear you did good PP........Care to share where you were fishing to help out a few others who will certainly be asking soon....Any pics ???????

Wife & I just got back from Alaska today (Sunday). Stayed in Soldotna. We fished for reds directly below the Sterling Highway bridge over the Kenai earlier last week (21st to 25th). Did not get our limits, but this was the FIRST year we were trying reds on our own. We did pretty good for "newbies". Those around us were doing much better, but also seemed to have a high rate of foul hooked fish. Other guys (4) at our cabins caught their limits each day. They said they were fishing the Kenai by going directly thru the rodeo grounds to the river. Last we heard, they had over 200# of filets.