Thread: prince wales flyfishing

Default prince wales flyfishing

I will be on the island next week and I just found out there are grayling in some of the rivers. Anyone know which ones might have any. I will out of Thorne bay. I have been there several time and never knew they were around there. That is one fish that's on my bucket list I'd like check off.
    Thanks to anyone with any info.

Quote Originally Posted by dwashington View Post
    I will be on the island next week and I just found out there are grayling in some of the rivers. Anyone know which ones might have any. I will out of Thorne bay. I have been there several time and never knew they were around there. That is one fish that's on my bucket list I'd like check off.
    Thanks to anyone with any info.
    You found out wrong. There are NO grayling in any of the rivers/streams/creeks of POW. There were lakes that grayling were planted in; Big Goat, Tyee, and Manzoni near Ketchikan and several lakes on POW a LOOOONG time ago. The planting was successful.. according to Fish and game.

For all practical purposes; there are no Grayling in SE, nor kodiak, nor the aleutians.

BTW: the POW lakes are Josephine, Shinaku (rumored), Summit, Marge and Melon.

They were planted in Landlocked Lakes with NO resident Cutthroat or Rainbows.

Default POW grayling

Thanks for the info. No need of taking the time to chase a ghost. I will have head north and inland sometime in the future. I have some cousins in Ketchikan, I have to ask them. But it sounds like no luck this year. Thanks anyway.

I'm betting the grayling are stocked in some of the small lakes.

Jim