Thread: Mining claim

Default Mining claim

So I finally have a really good bear stand that has produced multiple bears, 2 of which we taken, and we find a darn mining claim right in between our stands! I am hoping to find another place to go put up some more stands, but where do you go? I just spent all last winter finding the one I have, now I have to do it ?
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Why is a mining claim a problem? A claim only applies to the minerals in the ground, not the critters walking on it.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

JOAT is correct: you can hunt all you want on mining claims...the miners don't generally own the land, just the mineral rights. In fact, miners usually like it if hunters come and cull some of the bears, because the bears like to tear up and chew on stuff in mining camps.

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Cool, thanks guys! I will use it until they decide to mine it out. I really want to use this spot for years, but don't think its an option. That makes me much happier.

go to the fairbanks DNR office to check on the land status. There is a chance that it is a patented claim, in which case you would be trespassing. Good to know for sure (to have the facts on your side) if confronted while there.

You should have been able to get that info off the posted claim notice at the site. You might also try just calling up the claim owner and having a conversation. Then you wouldn't have to speculate about the status of the claim and what they're going to do with it.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    You should have been able to get that info off the posted claim notice at the site. You might also try just calling up the claim owner and having a conversation. Then you wouldn't have to speculate about the status of the claim and what they're going to do with it.
    I did call them. I left them a message. I am hoping to hear from him soon. That was my first step, I just wanted to no what I can do if he says no. I will do the rest of what everyone else says on here.

Next spot you find file a claim and avoid the problem.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Unless the claims is patented it won't be the issue. The problem will be posed if the claim owners build a road or temporary shelter in the area. Then baiting would be out of the question.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !