Thread: 6X6 Ranger hot seat

Default 6X6 Ranger hot seat

I bought a 2011 Ranger 6X6 and couldn't be happier. I do have one issue, tho. The motor is under the seat and the seat gets very hot after a while. It gets to the point of being very uncomfortable. Anyone else have ths issue?
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

I would pay extra for a warm seat on my wheeler.

I have an 09 and have the same problem. When I first got it, the heat was so bad that the passenger had to sit on 2 blankets. I complained to the dealer and they checked every thing and found nothing wrong. While they had the seat out and leaning against the wall they noticed water running out of it. Since I store it inside, the water had to of got in it before I took delivery. The water was turning into steam and making it impossible for the passenger to sit on the seat. A new seat solved the problem to a point. It still get hot but not as bad. I was on an other forum for the Ranger a year ago and many owners were talking about the hot seat. It looks like this is an ongoing problem, Polaris is aware of it but will not admit to the problem. Some of the people on the Ranger forum stated they had fixed the heat problem by changing the fuel mixture, make it richer. They said they are too lean and that makes them run hot. This was done by guys that had the programmer to change the fuel delivery system on the Ranger. I talked to my dealer about this and was told they could not and would not make a change. I guess I under stand, because if something went wrong then they would be responsible. I saw one Ranger owner that had cut a hole in the area below/in front of the seat and put in a 12 volt fan that blew in on the motor. I have a full cab on mine and at times it gets so hot in the cab you have to stop and get out and walk around to cool off, but nice in the winter. Anyone else have an idea on how to cool the Range down.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I lined the bottom of my seat with insulated bubble wrap. Also added some weather stripping around the gap. Worked well enough my kids can dangle their legs without getting second degree burns.

check out thermo tec products put 2 layers of the heat shield on mine & wrapped my exhaust, was a pain, but helped alot....good luck

I also have a 2011 6x6 Ranger and while it gets warm I have never had it get hot enough to get uncomfortable to sit on the set. I have about 500 mile on my machine and I frequently have the kids and/or wife with me and they have never complained about the set being hot. I have a windshield, roof, and back but no doors. I do get a lot of heat off the radiator and fan on the front, enough that it would be very difficult to keep doors on. It sure is nice to have the heat though when it cools off or starts raining and everyone else is on 4 wheelers freezing and Iím still cruising down the trail in a T-Shirt

Default Polaris hot seat fix

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinAK View Post
    I also have a 2011 6x6 Ranger and while it gets warm I have never had it get hot enough to get uncomfortable to sit on the set. I have about 500 mile on my machine and I frequently have the kids and/or wife with me and they have never complained about the set being hot. I have a windshield, roof, and back but no doors. I do get a lot of heat off the radiator and fan on the front, enough that it would be very difficult to keep doors on. It sure is nice to have the heat though when it cools off or starts raining and everyone else is on 4 wheelers freezing and Iím still cruising down the trail in a T-Shirt
    I talked to my dealer and was told Polaris will have a "fix" in the 2012 models and will make it available to everyone. I would think they should give it to us but the will probably make us pay for it. Basically, it is some heat-deflective tape and a deflective film to attach to the bottom of the seat.

The heat will be great for winter, but mine is very uncomfortable for the summer.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???