Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ship creek silvers

Default Ship creek silvers

Went down this morning. Saw a guy land 2 silvers. They were smaller but they were still silvers. Also saw quite a few humpys after tide rolled out. None were mine of course but the fish are starting to show again.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Been there twice this week and saw a few landed, all tiny ones though.

Stopped by on my way back from work, seemed a little slow tonight with not many people landing fish...

Fished until 9:00 PM tonight. I only saw a couple of pinks landed. It was pretty dead from the RR bridge downstream.

Yeah it was slow but they are starting to show. They need to get here cause I need to fish!

Stopped by bird tonight and saw quite a few humpys as well there with 2 silvers one was good size. I didnt get squat though.

Some little kids plopped down right next to me with one of those little package trout poles and nailed two pinks on back to back cast. They were having a blast.

Fish this morning's tide ... pulled out 2 (1 small and 1 very nice) as well as the 2 guys next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Yeah it was slow but they are starting to show. They need to get here cause I need to fish!

Stopped by bird tonight and saw quite a few humpys as well there with 2 silvers one was good size. I didnt get squat though.

Some little kids plopped down right next to me with one of those little package trout poles and nailed two pinks on back to back cast. They were having a blast.
    Bird was extremely slow tonight, didnt really see much going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Fish this morning's tide ... pulled out 2 (1 small and 1 very nice) as well as the 2 guys next to me.
    You pulled out the two guys next to you??

saw a few more small ones caught today after work. I got there too late to be productive and could only stay for about an hour. I should have just said forget it but Im bored.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    You pulled out the two guys next to you??
    I pulled out 2 fish ... the 2 guys next to me, pulled out 2 fish as well

silver.jpg

Got this fella there this morning. The fish come in early with the tide and push hard up stream it seems like. I went down 4 hours early and got this one in about 20 minutes.

silver.jpg

Got this fella there this morning. The fish come in early with the tide and push hard up stream it seems like. I went down 4 hours early and got this one in about 20 minutes.
    Nice! What were you fishing with? (generally speaking...not trying to steal any secrets)

Nice! What were you fishing with? (generally speaking...not trying to steal any secrets)
    It seems like floating eggs on the in-coming tide and Vibrax (#4 or 5) at slack and out-going tide are working out the best for me and the folks I've been talking to down there.

silver.jpg

nice... from what I've seen the key to Silver fishing on Ship Creek is mobility. what you described is pretty typical, you gotta be able to move with them to catch them. the eggs on the incomming and Vibrax on the slack and outgoing sounds pretty in line with what I've seen in the past too.

I was using roe. I had it under a bobber and then I saw this old guy across the stream from me doing something peculiar and he was hooking up like every 5 minutes. He had a small piece of split shot about 8 in up from his roe. He would jig it off the bottom and let the slow current move it down a little at a time. I followed suit and it paid off. Took about 5 minutes after taking my bobber off. I got hung up a lot but when your catching fish who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    It seems like floating eggs on the in-coming tide and Vibrax (#4 or 5) at slack and out-going tide are working out the best for me and the folks I've been talking to down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    nice... from what I've seen the key to Silver fishing on Ship Creek is mobility. what you described is pretty typical, you gotta be able to move with them to catch them. the eggs on the incomming and Vibrax on the slack and outgoing sounds pretty in line with what I've seen in the past too.
    Yep everybody was below me to start and then as the water rose they and I moved up stream. I threw a few pixies and vibrax but called it quits before the tide was all the way up. I didnt really want to contend with a 31 ft tide and all the mud and mess that comes with it.

Went down there again yesterday. The fish were biting but again had to move fast up stream. Im gonna learn my lesson next time I swear and pack lighter. I got one but lost it right as I was bringing it up on the bank due to a trip. Almost landed on my butt. Saved my self lost my fish. Saw this old fellar down the stream from me getting into them big time. He caught and released more than I just missed.

Buddy and I went down again yesterday for our daily trip, released several and kept our normal limit.036.jpg
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

I don't know how you do it man. I can't seem to limit out. Or find 3 of em in a day for that matter.

I fished Ship creek the other day. I haven't fished there for years. Thought I would give it a go, because it's is convenient. I caught and released 15 or so silvers. I've noticed that these fish are much smaller, than what they used to be. Out of all those that I caught, and seen. The largest was probably two pounds. What's up with that? Did the hatchery grow and release a bunch of runts? Anybodys guess really!!!

I don't know how you do it man. I can't seem to limit out. Or find 3 of em in a day for that matter.
    Hey you're ahead of me. I've banked 1 fish out ship for 5 years of trying.

On another note see my pm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast