Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishapaloooza 2011

Cool Fishapaloooza 2011

Just sent the Mods a message asking them to give us a sticky again Remember. Be nice with your languageThis is our way to chit chat, brag, lie and have fun through mid october

Chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I'll admit it...I'll lurk more than post, but I love reading the 'palooza thread.
    See ya'll there!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

'Palooza III has been cancelled due to lack of interest!!!

JK of course as it's going to be on like Donkey Kong, y'all!!!

As a side note, I have got the art for 'Palooza IV done and will be unveiling it at this years 'Palooza shindig!!!
    If I must say so myself, it's freaking sick!!!!
    Next years 'Palooza wear is going to be awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post

Remember. Be nice with your language

Chuck

**** yourself
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishinGirl View Post
    I'll admit it...I'll lurk more than post, but I love reading the 'palooza thread.
    See ya'll there!
    haha same boat, always good entertainment
    hook, line, sinker, done.

Our dates are set and airline tickets are confirmed

Sept 5-12.

Will be fishing Sept 6,7,8,9,10, & 11.

Will be eating Wildman corndogs on Sept 5,7, 9, and 12.

Will have breakfast at Sunrise Cafe on Sept 6, 8, and 10.

Will take the $5 bath at Wildman's rub-n-tug on Sept 7 and 10.

Will be drinking during and after all fishing days.

We will be in a 21 foot box on wheels.

Not sure what boat we are bringing, green Ally pack canoe or 14' Sotar raft (blue).

Do drop in

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Our dates are set and airline tickets are confirmed

Sept 5-12.
    Hey mister can't you stay later than the 12th? I wasn't planning on being there till the 15th! You'll cost me 1000's if you make me quit coho season early. I'll do what I gotta do but it would be easier to just get your credit card out and change your tickets you fugged up!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

I am going early to miss the rift raft

Sounds like too much fun. Wonder how much trouble I would be in if I was up there from August 17-28 and then flew back up the next week? Next year might be a "gotta do it"...if a real lower 48'er newbie is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2079BS View Post
    Next year might be a "gotta do it"...if a real lower 48'er newbie is allowed.

You would be surprised how much Alaskans and Carolinian's got in common.

We will talk about it after your upcoming trip.

You are going to meet some familiarly friendly folks, sans southern accent

-Dan

I am going early to miss the rift raft
    Oh I gotcha, Dave is coming later

You would be surprised how much Alaskans and Carolinian's got in common.
    just cause of the coincidence that Chucks and your sleeping bag zippers are a perfect match, what else do carolinians and alaskans have in common?

I'm taking a poll

Most the "real" Alaskans I have met are proud of where they call home.

They would give the shirt off their backs to help out a friend in need.

They are justifiably skeptical of state/fed government making decisions that impact their land, homes, and lively hood.

They are well traveled, yet well grounded.

They are fed up with crap from tourists, but understand that to some extent, it is the hand that feeds so they put up with it.

Generally speaking, Alaskans are hospitable and tolerant to all the clueless folks with camera straps around their necks driving the RV 44 mph while rubbernecking for bears.

Alaskans have a love for the outdoors, but are smart enough to preserve it for future generations to enjoy.

Most Alaskans work hard for a living and sleep good at night knowing this.

Alaskans face adversity and rather than begging for hand outs, would prefer to deal with it themselves given the opportunity.

Independent, courteous, good work ethic, sense of family and community, patriotic without being dependent on the government for survival.

Sounds like North Carolina to me.

Does it sound like Alaska to you?

-Dan

Most the "real" Alaskans I have met are proud of where they call home.

They would give the shirt off their backs to help out a friend in need.

They are justifiably skeptical of state/fed government making decisions that impact their land, homes, and lively hood.

They are well traveled, yet well grounded.

They are fed up with crap from tourists, but understand that to some extent, it is the hand that feeds so they put up with it.

Generally speaking, Alaskans are hospitable and tolerant to all the clueless folks with camera straps around their necks driving the RV 44 mph while rubbernecking for bears.

Alaskans have a love for the outdoors, but are smart enough to preserve it for future generations to enjoy.

Most Alaskans work hard for a living and sleep good at night knowing this.

Alaskans face adversity and rather than begging for hand outs, would prefer to deal with it themselves given the opportunity.

Independent, courteous, good work ethic, sense of family and community, patriotic without being dependent on the government for survival.

Sounds like North Carolina to me.

Does it sound like Alaska to you?

-Dan
    You nailed it bro! I was just giving you "shet" ( shet- plagiarized carolinian lingo) in my previous post. I wish we had more carolinians here btw

I'm taking a poll

And I wish there were more Alaskans in North Carolina.

Got a 36" steelhead on the wall in my study.

Growing tired of folks asking what kind of salmon it is

They reload precision rifle rounds capable of 0.5 MOA, understand why NASCAR uses nitrogen in the tires, and can make liquor in the backyard.

But can't differentiate a steelhead from a salmon??

******* rednecks...

-Dan

But can't differentiate a steelhead from a salmon??

******* rednecks...

-Dan
    friggn Rednecks! Actually they're right steelhead are salmon. there are 7 species of pacific salmon
    http://www.thinksalmon.com/learn/ite...almon_species/

(actually 8 cause their is a weird chummy looking thing that lives in Russia)

Theres even a spot for steelhead on our fish tickets so technically we can sell them

I'm taking a poll

You blasphemous instigator.

5 species of pacific salmon.

steelhead are.... steelhead!

(edited)

-Dan
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 08-08-2011 at 19:06.

I stopped reading when I read the first word, "ACLU"

As for Fishapalooza....

What is a good shuttle service?

I have read about Wildman's being a popular choice, but also heard there were a few others.

Kenai Cache?

Max at Alaska Canoe and Campground?

Anyone know who all is offering shuttles? The wife and I will be needing one a few times this trip. Didn't use any the last two years as we had lots of Paloozers around to shuttle with.

Also, is there a grocery store in Sterling for basic food items? Don't plan on riding into Soldotna unless needed.

Does the campground charge during our time, Sept 5-12? I know the last two years it was free camping, but we went in mid/late Sept the last two years. Timing is a bit earlier this year and I was wondering if we needed to pay. Happy to do so, was just curious what date the free camping began.

-Dan

I stopped reading when I read the first word, "ACLU"

As for Fishapalooza....

What is a good shuttle service?

I have read about Wildman's being a popular choice, but also heard there were a few others.

Kenai Cache?

Max at Alaska Canoe and Campground?

Anyone know who all is offering shuttles? The wife and I will be needing one a few times this trip. Didn't use any the last two years as we had lots of Paloozers around to shuttle with.

Also, is there a grocery store in Sterling for basic food items? Don't plan on riding into Soldotna unless needed.

Does the campground charge during our time, Sept 5-12? I know the last two years it was free camping, but we went in mid/late Sept the last two years. Timing is a bit earlier this year and I was wondering if we needed to pay. Happy to do so, was just curious what date the free camping began.

-Dan
    Don't know about the grocery in Sterling as I always go to Soldotna (it's only afew miles further)
    Most use Wildmans for de upper Shuttle but I know Max is also doing upper shuttles now.
    The campground will be charging for at least some of your stay. Don't know how long as they seem to change on a yearly basis.
    I think you can count on them charging until at least the 10th and probably until the middle of the following week.

Max is still doing his shuttles on the lower part of the river. He teamed up with Kenai Cache in cooper landing. Colin is doing them out of there as well as wildmans. There is a little mom and pop store in cooper landing that has stuff but there is nothing really in sterling for groceries anymore. Soldotna is the place for that
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Dan, don't know for sure but on the web site for the Russian river camp ground it says the last day of the season is sept 6-11. So I'm guessing most all of your trip should be free camping. See you there.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast