Thread: looking for some info on lost lake goat tag

Default looking for some info on lost lake goat tag

I drew the lost lake goat tag this fall. I am looking for any additional info any body can give hunting the area. I have a prety good knowalge of the hole area fro sledding up thier in the winter. just dont know what about the goats in the area.
    thanks for any info

There's still plenty of time to spend some weekends up there scouting it out. You're in the area, so seems like time well spent to make the most of a pretty hard-to-draw goat permit. There's three main access points to that area that I know of, and some others you could likely make work if you got creative. If I were you I'd start exploring them.

I've seen several goats on Resurrection Peaks and Mount Ascension from the Lost Lake Trail when hunting grouse up there in September. Getting to them is another matter, Resurrection Peaks especially - there's a hell of a box canyon between the trail and the mountain.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Any and all leads must be verified on foot, therefore just get in there on weekends and pin them down.

It's a road-access goat hunt. There's no excuse to come home empty handed. ;-]

Taylor

You can also boat Kenai Lake and glass the mountains. Stay in the spruce on your hike to the alpine. That is one of my all time favorite tags!!

There was another recent thread on this topic, but I can repost one item of interest.

The Lost Lake Run to benefit cystic fibrosis is on Saturday Aug 27. The run goes from Primrose campground to the Bear Valley fire department and will have approximate 700 participants. Google Lost Lake Run for more info regarding their route.
    Plan your hunting or scouting accordingly,... unless you are worried about being lonely
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

thanks for all the info
    will let ever one know how it goes