Thread: Homer Boat Storage

Default Homer Boat Storage

Warning, do not read further if you do not want to face the fact that our summer fishing in Alaska may come to a close. Okay, I know this is early, but it's on my mind. Can anyone recommend a good place to shrink wrap and store a boat in Homer? We start our season there and it makes sense to store it down there. Any idea on cost? Thanks forum....

The Homer Boat Yard does the shrink wrap and they have storage. I do not know the price for either. Give them a call 235-7158.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuun View Post
    ... our summer fishing in Alaska may come to a close.
    so? winter fishing is just around the corner!!!
    (but IF i were gonna put my boat up i would use homer boatyard... good folks for sure.)
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Another good word for the homer boat yard. Mike does a good job at a fair price and have recommended him on several occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuun View Post
    Warning, do not read further if you do not want to face the fact that our summer fishing in Alaska may come to a close. Okay, I know this is early, but it's on my mind. Can anyone recommend a good place to shrink wrap and store a boat in Homer? We start our season there and it makes sense to store it down there. Any idea on cost? Thanks forum....
    I've no idea what HBY charges to wrap and store anymore... I'd assume they are fair and reasonable... but while your pencil whipping his charges you may want to factor in the taxes the KPB will slap on your boat....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old John View Post
    I've no idea what HBY charges to wrap and store anymore... I'd assume they are fair and reasonable... but while your pencil whipping his charges you may want to factor in the taxes the KPB will slap on your boat....!!!!
    And if it is in their yard on January 1, they WILL assess the taxes. From what I understand, pretty much all of the boat yards cooperate with the Assessor's office by letting them go through the yards to write down boat numbers, and some of them even send the assessor's office a list on a monthly basis.