Thread: Anyone looking for a hunting partner?

Default Anyone looking for a hunting partner?

Hello everyone! I'm looking for someone to go moose hunting with me for the latter part of September. I have three weeks off beginning September 15th. (I know the season ends on the 20th in some units and the 25th in others). I had two hunting parthers that will not be able to go this year.
    I live in Kenai and traditionally hunt moose there and have harvested a few. However, the new regs basically make it impossible to hunt on the Kenai (if you want to harvest anyway).
    I'm 38, work on the slope, and am very easy going. I have a four wheeler and solid gear for any type of hunt. I was planning on taking the wheeler to either Paxson or Healy (I've never been to either), but am open to any area and unit.
    Anyway, wondering if anyone else is in the same predicament?

Do you work two week rotations? I might be looking for someone, but it would be last week of august...

What are you looking for in a partner?
    Im a newbie and I'd really like to get out and learn. I don't have a wheeler but I should be able to rent or borrow one if that's a requirement. Im 37, I work in Anchorage and live in Wasilla. I could get at least two weeks off to match your schedule.

Dave, not sure which of us your reply was directed to, but for what it's worth, I am planning to head north from Anchorage to the Brooks Range around August 26th weekend to rifle hunt caribou for about 5 days before returning to the Livengood area to look around for moose for another 5 days or so. There would be lots of trekking on foot and possibly some pack rafting.

I made a thread earlier today looking for a partner. I'm a little younger than you guys at 30, I'm married and have two kids. I'm easy going and just like to get out and have fun when I get the time off. I have hunted and taken at least one big game animal every year for the last 21 years. I have a couple wheelers and was planning on hunting from the 9th -18th this year up in 20C, west of Healy (I liked the look of the area in the regs, any bull). I have been doing my research and have a general idea of the area but thats about it. I'm stuck to one solid week off plus weekends, a Friday to the following Sunday. If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Chris

PS: after the 15th in 20C during the afternoons I may trap a few beaver to start getting some cat and marten bait in the freezer.

northernalberta, I'm mostly just putting myself out there as I am new to hunting. I was in the scouts when I was younger and did some pretty serious hiking and I served in the Marines so I'm familiar with weapons. I was just never interested in hunting until recently. I'm not in as good of shape as have been in the past but the lots of trekking would be enjoyable (although my speed may be an issue). I have never pack-rafted but I'm comfortable in the water with lots of time in canoes; can you rent a pack-raft?

Chris, I'll look for your thread, I guess that's the problem of reading down from the top, you miss a few threads if your not on hear all the time.