Thread: Elizabeth Island REPORTS

Default Elizabeth Island REPORTS

Has anyone fished Elizabeth Island recently? Any reports on the Lings?

thanks

not very recent, but couple weeks ago my pops and his fishing mates got a few 50-60 lbers
    hook, line, sinker, done.

I can assure you it's been pounded by the charters. Every year they have to go a bit farther to get into the good Ling fishing. Most are running up to Rocky/Windy bay and Gore Point area.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I just came back from there yesterday and we brought back 3 lings and a lot of Halibut. The smallest ling was about 40" and the largest almost 60". We spent 3 days out there and camped in Port Chatham and there were few charter boats out there as far as we could tell. Overall it was a great trip.

Dave

I was there today and fishing was very poor. Water was not good, at times 6' to 8' getting there and once there 4' most of the day, with rip in many places. Saw 3 charters turn back and was talking by phone to a friend that charters, around 15 miles out of Homer he turned back. We spent 2 hours in Seldonia waiting it out, was a little better. I would recommend waiting until it lays down.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning