Thread: inflatable numbering kit?

Question inflatable numbering kit?

Anyone know of a place to find a kit for doing registration numbers/letters(either paint and stencils or individual letters) around Fairbanks?

I can't believe I can't find one....

Tried so far -

Test the Waters
    Boat Shop
    Compeaus

Still to try -
    Sentry Hardware
    ????

Default Numbering

Use a permanent marker. Works fine. The problem is the state sticker. That sucker will be gone in a matter of minutes.
    Probably why some people put the numbers and sticker on a plate and hang it off the side.

Default Have you tried Blue Moose Rafting

Ok that was bad I am Blue Moose Rafting.

Been there done that including the marker however you will find a solution at believe it or not Auto Trim Design. They do not sell numbers however they do have a process that will adhere your numbers and they will stay.

Give them a call at 456-8400 talkk to their detail shop about doing a cost estimate to have your work done. It is not for everyone and can be a little expensive however nice work and worth it if you have many boats.

Also Come about 15 April we will have our retail operaiton up and runnig in Fairbanks off of cushman and I will have material in stock.

Hope this helps!

BMR

can't argue with that - I'm sure it does work....

Yeah the sticker is a pain - I'll probably do what my buddy did for that and make something out of a chunk of plastic from a quart oil bottle and a couple strips of patch material!

thanks Moose - I had to laugh when I read the marker idea...kind of like hooters, it's delightfully tacky!

Auto trim sounds interesting and I'm curious to know what they do, but expensive doesn't fit this situation!

I'm going back to anchorage soon so I'm sure I'll find something at one of the shops there (boat shops - not hooters!) if I get a chance to look. Need to get by B&J to look for a gill net too...lots of errands to run in the los anchorage.

I might even wait a month, so I have an excuse to visit the new store here!

I was just hoping I could take care of this chore while I was tackling the hours of glue work I'm doing now, but no big deal!

I have seen guys put numbers and stickers on a piece of aluminum plate and attach it to the frame when the motor is on the boat.

Default Auto Trim

I had them make a sticky-backed template w/ the name I wanted, stuck it on, and painted the name on w/ Gacoflex. It is apparently made just for hypalon. Clean w/ MEK first. I only did this last summer, so I have no test of time yet. j

Default I will shot you a PM in the AM

Will call the boys down at AR&K the issue is shipping material up from AK. Vars or Trac will be able to hook you up and if your heading to Anchor town might as well stop in and see them if you are in need of a fix ASAP.

Tight Line and Best wishes.

I always used magic marker for the numbers and stuck the registration sticker to the transom. I never was told to change it. I put the paper registration in a transparent stick-on packing list bubble and attach it to the transom as well, usually with my "signaling device", a whistle.

Default Registration numbers on inflatable boats

When I was displaying my Alaska Series Inflatable boats at the Seattle Boat show this past winter I found a company that does custum labels for Registration numbers it's a peel and stick system simular to applying Tear Aid repair to inflatable boats. his website is http://www.boatnumberplate.com

I hope this helps
    Good boating
    Jim King

Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    Commercial quality at Wholesale prices
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks, Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats, Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907) 248-2900