Thread: Freezer storage for moose quarters in Fairbanks

Default Freezer storage for moose quarters in Fairbanks

We are planning on using Alaska Meat Express to haul our moose meat back down to Michigan if we get a bull or two. We would prefer to process it ourselves, we have always process our own deer and elk. As other post have expressed, many have had more bad than good experiences with some meat processers. I have also seen the same thing here in my area. The problem is there seems to be know where to store moose quarters (would have to be frozen) till the truck picks up in Fairbanks between Sept. 17 and Sept.25. We would be picking up our meat in Michigan on Oct. 8. It will have to be frozen from the time we get off the river till pick-up time. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong spot, should be in Alaska meat and Trophy care.

BB2

I'm not sure if we talked on the phone, but in case we didnt - If by chance you're flying with Wright air, they have freezers for their customers. I pick up two moose there last year and the meat was froze like a rock. If this will not work, and you find no other option in Fairbanks and/or leave town before I get up, you can always run the meat/antlers down to Tok mini storage 907-883-5546 and I will pick it up on my way out of Ak. Call them to make certain they have room before you drive there though.

Btw, I need to correct the dates you have posted - I'll be in Fairbanks starting about the 21st of Sept or later, as needed, not the 17th.

Good luck and have an awesome hunt!