Thread: Temple Fork Outfitter Saltwater rods?

Default Temple Fork Outfitter Saltwater rods?

Does anyone have any experience with Temple Fork Outfitter saltwater rods (http://www.tforods.com/gary-loomis-saltwater-rods.html)? The no-fault / no-questions lifetime warranty makes them somewhat interesting. Any other comparisons for a $100-$120 rod for salmon casting/mooching?

Thanks

I was ready to buy some based on my happiness with their fly rods. Then I saw how short they are, even though 1-piece. At 7'6" for the longest, they're roughly 2' shorter than I need. Hopefully next year they'll expand their line, and I'll be there with buxx. I have four of the Loomis mooching rods on my boat now, and they're dandy. But if TFO can come even close to that for less than 1/3 the price, the next batch of rods on my boat won't be Loomis.

I'll second brownbear. I have one of their professional series fly rods and couldn't be happier. Several other folks I know have them and they all say the same thing. Their are great rods at a great price and we just can't see spending the big bucks on the more expensive brand names when these perform so well. I've never tried any other rods they make so keep us informed if you get one.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickL View Post
    ...keep us informed if you get one.
    Absolutely. I might even consider their 1-piece, except I wouldn't be able to get them in the rod lockers on my boat. I have two 8-foot lockers, but the openings are only 5' long and kinda centered. Longest I can get in the openings are 6'6" jig rods. The 10 1/2' Loomis I love are 2-piece and go in with ease.

I have two .... a c703MH and a c703H I have broken the 703MH twice. The 703MH is rated 8-17 lb wt. Broke the first one on the Kenai from shore but still managed to land a 13 lb silver. I broke the replacement the following year in Port Hardy on another 15+ silver. Got it to the boat but lost it at net. They both broke at the first ferrel. Temple Fork replaced both no questions asked and I had them back within a week. Great service. For the price and warrantee you can't go wrong.

just my opinion

I have two .... a c703MH and a c703H I have broken the 703MH twice. The 703MH is rated 8-17 lb wt. Broke the first one on the Kenai from shore but still managed to land a 13 lb silver. I broke the replacement the following year in Port Hardy on another 15+ silver. Got it to the boat but lost it at net. They both broke at the first ferrel. Temple Fork replaced both no questions asked and I had them back within a week. Great service. For the price and warrantee you can't go wrong.

just my opinion