Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Sue Silvers

Default Little Sue Silvers

Any body having any luck with the silvers on the little sue yet?

52 on the board when I showed up last night at about 5. Saw two caught and a few rolling, no luck myownself, seems like the run is kinda late.

Fished it a couple times this week and it's a chum fest...2 of us caught 15 chum the other night and not one silver, lots of smoked chum this year. Last week I had good luck on silvers so they are there it's just a matter of fending off the dogs.

I hope it gets better, I'm heading up Thursday night,
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Tried bird creek flipped for over two hours and only caught one 16" silver very few fih there yet either.

Thursday's number on the board was 95, it wa 45 today at 12:30 when I left. We got our fish, but we had to work hard for them.

More tomorrow.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Default 95 fish on

Quote Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
    Thursday's number on the board was 95, it wa 45 today at 12:30 when I left. We got our fish, but we had to work hard for them.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    More tomorrow.
    I'm thinking the little su silvers are getting waylaid by dippers that are dipping in closed waters
    10 Hours Ago

p.j.

MemberJoin DateJun 2007LocationWasillaPosts94

Tons of people today!!!!!!! Also not sure why they even post the fishing boundary signs, I saw about 20-25 people fishing clear out to the point and even around the corner during the morning tide. In the afternoon there was less violations but still probably 15 people fishing in a no fishing zone. Anchorage daily news even has pictures of the people fishing clear out to the point. Fishing was not even close to last year but people were catching them towards the mouth. Three of us caught 34 today but we were out there all day.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...day-at-6-00-AM

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I'm thinking the little su silvers are getting waylaid by dippers that are dipping in closed waters Ago
    seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by salmon_bone View Post
    seriously?
    just gotta look at map answer that question.

Everything's been about 7 to 10 days late this year. Stands to reason Little Su would be the same. If the current fishing reports were for Jul 22nd no-one would be thinking anything strange or concerned.

the only think that sucks is that I set up time off for next week for silver fishing and now I'm a week early.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    just gotta look at map answer that question.
    If you don't think the tide pushes little su silvers up toward fish creek, then I suppose you don't know a whole lot about fish migration and you need to talk to nerka

I'm taking a poll

If you don't think the tide pushes little su silvers up toward fish creek, then I suppose you don't know a whole lot about fish migration and you need to talk to nerka
    From what I saw yesterday on the river the dippers were bringing home more mud than fish! I saw one silver on the bank the entire morning. If that's your "waylaid" then Little su has bigger issues than dippers 50 miles away.

so far...
    2011 July 29 73
    Compared to this time last year, it's terrible.
    2010 July 29 888

And it has nothing to do with all the EO for set and drift gillnet openers, does it??

so far...
    2011 July 29 73
    Compared to this time last year, it's terrible.
    2010 July 29 888

And it has nothing to do with all the EO for set and drift gillnet openers, does it??
    Theres my buddy pissin me off again! Dang Palmeranians need to go to Jim Creek and leave us Wasillabillies alone to fish our area! Do we need to settle this on the basketball court warrior/moose style?

I'm taking a poll

Theres my buddy pissin me off again! Dang Palmeranians need to go to Jim Creek and leave us Wasillabillies alone to fish our area! Do we need to settle this on the basketball court warrior/moose style?
    At least i'm your buddy.

At least i'm your buddy.
    Hey buddies can disagree, but they don't try and put each other out of business, or I cease the buddyship!

I'm taking a poll

Just out of curiosity.

Do the commercial fishermen get restricted after the dipnetting season is over? they end Dipnetting to try to prevent Coho catches. is it the same strategy with the professionals?

I think the whole run is just a little late, bets they start showing up this week sometime, with all the extra EO hours I doubt it will be as good as year as it has in the past few but there should still be enough to have some fun if you are willing to be in the right place at the right time.

fullbush, are you trying to say that there were 888 silvers taken that day a year ago? I dont know if that can be true. That would be 444 anglers all getting there limits. That seems alittle off to me? I agree, the fish are alittle late this year but almost 900 silvers taken in a day at the su seems very very high.

i could swear there were 600 silvers taken the first day of bait last year.......... and thats ALWAYS the busiest day on the water

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrab24 View Post
    fullbush, are you trying to say that there were 888 silvers taken that day a year ago? I dont know if that can be true. That would be 444 anglers all getting there limits. That seems alittle off to me? I agree, the fish are alittle late this year but almost 900 silvers taken in a day at the su seems very very high.
    It was the count from Fish Creek.
    FB was saying that the Little Su tides push fish up to fish creek. I put the compared fish creek counts up to show the decline in what we are seeing with lack of silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    Just out of curiosity.

Do the commercial fishermen get restricted after the dipnetting season is over? they end Dipnetting to try to prevent Coho catches. is it the same strategy with the professionals?

I think the whole run is just a little late, bets they start showing up this week sometime, with all the extra EO hours I doubt it will be as good as year as it has in the past few but there should still be enough to have some fun if you are willing to be in the right place at the right time.
    I have no idea how they manage the coho stocks in the inlet to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrab24 View Post
    I don't know a thing about it. What post did I supposedly say this in?

I'm taking a poll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast