Thread: Source for Alaskan Grain...

Default Source for Alaskan Grain...

Hi Everyone! I thought y'all would be the folks to ask this question!
    Where can I purchase Alaskan grown grains? In bulk, preferably!
    Thanks so much for your time!
    Sincerely,
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by MommaF8 View Post
    Hi Everyone! I thought y'all would be the folks to ask this question!
    Where can I purchase Alaskan grown grains? In bulk, preferably!
    Thanks so much for your time!
    Sincerely,
    Kim
    Not sure about LosAnchorage, but Alaska Feed in Fairbanks is one place.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

A group of us in southcentral bought several tons of barley and wheat directly from farmers in Delta Junction this year. It is fairly clean, suitable for human consumption if you don't mind a few hulls and other weed seeds. It is far cheaper than buying it in small quantities in retail establishments even with shipping. Send me a private message later when the new crop is harvested and I can give you the contact details, or you could go in with us on the next shipment if we have one. The harvest of barley is fairly consistent, but wheat often does not do well and is a marginal crop in Alaska.
    RandyS

Try Alaska Mill and Feed in Anchorage. 1st Street off the Post Rd near Ship Creek.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyS View Post
    A group of us in southcentral bought several tons of barley and wheat directly from farmers in Delta Junction this year. It is fairly clean, suitable for human consumption if you don't mind a few hulls and other weed seeds. It is far cheaper than buying it in small quantities in retail establishments even with shipping. Send me a private message later when the new crop is harvested and I can give you the contact details, or you could go in with us on the next shipment if we have one. The harvest of barley is fairly consistent, but wheat often does not do well and is a marginal crop in Alaska.