Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: deshka silvers?

Default deshka silvers?

was thinking bout headind down to the deshka tomorrow. anyone doing any good or should i wait a bit longer? weir numbers were low through the weekend, was hoping this rain would bring them in. any info would be greatly appreciated

Word is there's an early bite that shuts down by 8:30 - 9:00AM... fish are there.

Number are SUPER low. i'd save your gas and wait a week but if your dying to fish then ben is right on. early bite if any

Wait a week or so.....they typically arrive at the end of the month.
    BK

actually I would say you want to be there at the mouth around there right now, any day should see good pushes of fish at the mouth.

past few years numbers had spikes this week, im gonna hit it up on thursday ill let u all know how it goes

Fish the deshka Monday on the way back form the cabin ended up with 6 silvers in about 45 minutes. had a total of four people we should have all limitted out.

Fished there yesterday, limited out but it took a while.

Ss it a 3 fish limit out there? I'm thinking of trying it next week with my wife and kids at the mouth with eggs/bobbers and spinners.

thanks

Fished there Wednesday am with a friend. Caught 3 limits (his, mine and proxy) in about 1-1/2 hrs. We hit it just right. Talked to the guy at the landing/store who said it has been hit and miss. But we managed to be there when a batch came thru. Limit is 3 silvers per/person. Eggs & bobbers or vibrax are both good bets. My advice is go and take a chance. By the time you hear about it, its too late! You need to be making history and not reading about it.

so i went this morning, got to the mouth at 6:10 and headed for the cleaning tables by 7:30. when i got there there were only 4 boats, kinda nice compared to king season. one guide boat and 3 private, by the time i left a few more showed up including two guide boats that were up river and must not have been doing to well. pretty much everyone but myself and one other guy were using eggs and bobbers, which from what i saw eggs werent doing to hot. I was the first one to limit by a longshot. i saw two other fish caught. but i guess it was my lucky day(or maybe my skills). i just think that bobber fishing isnt a very proactive way to catch fish. caught my first two on a number 3 vibrax and they where kinda small, switched it up to a number 4 and wammy got the bigger one. they arent to big but i was in a hurry to get back. was thinking bout going again tomorrow but its kinda spendy rolling all the way out there by yourself.
    Attachment 51176

dont know why my pic is showing up as and attachment, how do you get it to post on the thread like all the other ones?

Whats the water level like there? Im considering heading up that way but not sure if my boat will make it. I have a semi v with a prop.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I thought I read in the regs the limit is two on the Deshka? and three on the Yetna

c6 you can make it there with a prop, I do it all the time. But once you get there don't try and get up river because you will run out of water before you get very far.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    c6 you can make it there with a prop, I do it all the time. But once you get there don't try and get up river because you will run out of water before you get very far.
    Alright cool. As long as I got enough water to get to the mouth.

you do, and if it makes you feel any better there is always people going down there to follow and for the most part the channel is the same for jets and props, the only part I would watch out for is the hard right to the mouth, cut it too close and you will hit the sand bar but if you are going fast enough you will slide right over it with out hurtung the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    you do, and if it makes you feel any better there is always people going down there to follow and for the most part the channel is the same for jets and props, the only part I would watch out for is the hard right to the mouth, cut it too close and you will hit the sand bar but if you are going fast enough you will slide right over it with out hurtung the motor.
    Good advice. I usually go pretty slow when I dont know where Im going so hopefully there will be someone to follow when I decide to go.

The channel is not exactly the same for jets and props. you can run the main channel with either but most jet boaters don't usually stick to the main. Like myself I try to stick to around 12" 24" of water to conserve fuel and ride on plane better so my advice would be to follow a prop! if you plan on following a boat most people don't mind a tag along try and find a comparable sized and powered boat to follow that way you can keep a content on step and don't have to worry about slowing down and wasting a prop!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following a similar boat is easier said than done. Not many people have a boat as old ugly and slow as mine.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast