Thread: Looking for a source for a good fish tote

Default Looking for a source for a good fish tote

I have been searching for a fish tote for my boat for the Kenai. What I normally do is rod and reel fishing for reds, and just throw them in the back of the boat and then wash it out. I would like to find a tough, think fish tote that I can buy in either Anchorage or on the Kenai. Something not too big to hold up to something like 10-20 reds. I have seen them in the past with a rolled top edge where they are easy to lift. I want something thick so it won't break with a load of fish in it. Any suggestions?
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I have been searching for a fish tote for my boat for the Kenai. What I normally do is rod and reel fishing for reds, and just throw them in the back of the boat and then wash it out. I would like to find a tough, think fish tote that I can buy in either Anchorage or on the Kenai. Something not too big to hold up to something like 10-20 reds. I have seen them in the past with a rolled top edge where they are easy to lift. I want something thick so it won't break with a load of fish in it. Any suggestions?
    I think AIH sells fish totes..... but if your down Homer way go to the Gearshed...

Was looking for the same thing last summer. I got tipped off on Arctic Wire Rope & Supply off Arctic Spur Rd in Anchorage. Held our 18 reds (3 limits of 6) on the Kenai no problem on Saturday.