Thread: Looking For Fishing Spots Near Whittier!!!! :)

Default Looking For Fishing Spots Near Whittier!!!! :)

Hi, My husband and I are looking for fishing spots near or within a few hours boat ride from Whittier. Also how the fishing is that way? Any kind of fishing! My husband brought home some nice reds from the Kenai, and I finally got the hang of smoking and jarring them. I am now in my "hunter gatherer" mode, and am really really wanting to find out some good spots and how the fishing is, so we can head that way! Any help would be great! Thanks! Rachel

New members need to try searching the archives (use little white box at top right) for information before asking wide open questions like where to go fishing. Try it! I did and here are the results after I plugged in the search terms "whittier, fishing":

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...archid=1505762

Thank you for the advise, Jim. I did search the archives previous to my post. I was looking for a more updated report. I will be more exact if I do another post.

Hi guys!! I have been shrimping close to Whittier for a couple yrs with good results. The silvers are coming closer all the time. They are being caught at Pigot Pt. very recently, I have caught silvers this year at Culross Bay. I don't know how fast ur boat is but I get there under an hr. Halibut spots are tougher to find closer. There are some, but I don't know where. Catching silvers and pinks should be pretty easy right now trolling around points. Have Fun!!

Thanks so much for the advise! It is good to know about the shrimping too! Your advise was very helpful! Thanks so much! Rachel

Can't send you a pm due to your limited posting here. Feel free to contact me, you may be able to send pm to me, not sure there, or phone number. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by rachel4jim View Post
    Thanks so much for the advise! It is good to know about the shrimping too! Your advise was very helpful! Thanks so much! Rachel
    Well I tried to catch some Coho yesterday at Pigot. Five or six good bites, one fish on, one fish broke off. Only fished the bottom of the tide in the afternoon for maybe a couple hours.