Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Willow Creek

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    117

    Default Willow Creek

    looking for some early chums and pinks for the kids to catch. Any word on any action up there? Thanks for the info!

  2. #2
    Member duckslayer56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland...not by choice
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    I just came back from there, the fish are there, however the crowds are too. Lots of rude people walking around with no regards to other people fishing. Be prepared to have 4 people try to slip in between you and the guy who is 10 feet to your right. And watch your stuff, I had some stuff stolen from me today up there.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

  3. #3

    Default

    by fish you mean pinks and chums or silvers?

  4. #4
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    I had a39lb king stolen from me there a few years back sucks when you can't trust your fellow anglers

  5. #5
    Member duckslayer56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland...not by choice
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    all three, although the silvers are slow.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    I had a39lb king stolen from me there a few years back sucks when you can't trust your fellow anglers
    holy crap you know you hit a new low when you steal a fish cause you can't catch your own!!!!!

  7. #7
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin4590 View Post
    holy crap you know you hit a new low when you steal a fish cause you can't catch your own!!!!!
    It happened to me 2 times when I was about 16. Now my stringers are closely attended.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    fishhook, ak
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    silvers not really there. pinks and chums beginning to push

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    117

    Default

    i plan on going tues morning........... hope there is not much of a crowd!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    squarebanks
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I just came back from there, the fish are there, however the crowds are too. Lots of rude people walking around with no regards to other people fishing. Be prepared to have 4 people try to slip in between you and the guy who is 10 feet to your right. And watch your stuff, I had some stuff stolen from me today up there.
    hmmm. sounds like combat fishing

  11. #11
    New member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default

    The crowd at Willow can be awful. There are countless drunken idiots running around cussing and shouting at full volume for everyone's kids to hear. My kid has heard bad language, but it is just disrespectful when the drunks are right next to you and your children and are spouting off non-stop on rants. As far as people stealing, that is just scum of the Earth that would do that. I would recommend the Electric Chair for those caught, or, at least a severe ass whooping.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •