Thread: public access between Soldotna and Sterling?

Default public access between Soldotna and Sterling?

So I'd like to go down this week (prob. Tuesday) to fish, but I've only ever fished in Soldotna itself by the airport. I was wondering what public access sites are good for bank fishing reds. Basically I'm just seeing if I can shave off 30 minutes of driving time from my trip from the Valley. Looking at the regs book, I see Izaak Walton, Funny River Campground, Morgan's landing, and Swiftwater campground. Which of those places along the Kenai have lots of room for bank fisherman and might be a good place to fish?

soldotna creek park does too. You can also go to centennial camp ground and fish there too. You have to pay to park there though.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Bings Landing will cut off a lot of time as well.

seems like bings has that sandbar that doesn't allow many people to fish on though, not a lot of room for anglers.

Bings has quite a bit of room on most weekdays. I haven't been by this season yet, sometimes you need chest waders to be effective there (depends on water level). What's wrong with the Russian River? I've heard there are some fish showing up now, should get better every day now.

-Ben

Try Jim's Landing on the upper. They're running up that way right now. I'm willing to bet the fishing will be good.