Thread: Salmon/Trout Seasoning

Default Salmon/Trout Seasoning

Dooes anyone buy the seasoning for trout and salmon?? I have seen some at Walmart but the camping equip.

They are kind of like this http://www.outdoor-sports-store.com/...ild_Trout.aspx

-Zach

My wife loves baked salmon, trout and char. Same for me. I've never tried the brand you mentioned. My wife prefers Lawry's Lemon Pepper seasoning while I like Johnny's Seafood Seasoning w/out lemon. You'll have to try several types and combinations until you settle on one you and your family prefer.

My favorite recipe is kosher salt, cracked pepper and brown sugar. I grill skin side down and then flip it and cook flesh side down. I tastes great. I also enjoy Humpy's blackening seasoning on both sides of a skinned fillet. I fry it in butter in a cast iron skillet. Not a very health choice, but tastey nonetheless.

I've been using webber zesty seafood seasoning with lemon, then I put dill on it kore pepper salt and squirt with lemon

Salmon needs nothing more than a shake of pure lemon-pepper and a sprinkle of dill. I prefer to taste the fish, not a bunch of chemically enhanced "secret" seasonings that have who-knows-what in them.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Try Cabela's salmon and trout seasoning - it is excellent. You can put a tiny bit on or a bunch - very easy and worth the 10$.

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Salmon needs nothing more than a shake of pure lemon-pepper and a sprinkle of dill. I prefer to taste the fish, not a bunch of chemically enhanced "secret" seasonings that have who-knows-what in them.
    Thats how I prefer my seasoning as well.

Here's a link to my favorite spice company and one of my favorite salmon seasonings.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...idaseason.html

I've been using a bit of mesquite seasoning and a bit of garlic salt and then putting skin side down on the barbecue. Put a pan of alder chips over your barbecue burner and keep on low until done. Very different flavor but mild enough to still taste the fish!

I like Cavenders greek seasoning & olive oil on my grilled salmon, had some of the Pike St. Market brand fish seasoning the other day, and it was pretty good too. I love how Salmon holds up to seasoning, makes it pretty versatile as far as fish goes. Salmon Salad for lunch today!