Thread: Slow down out there!!!!

Default Slow down out there!!!!

Just a friendly reminder that when driving to the beach to dip, slow down. The fish will still be there, you don't have to hurry. Three dead yesterday on the Sterling Highway. One couple killed on a motorcycle because someone else crossed the center line. It is not clear if that was a sleepy driver, drunk driver, or what. But, in another accident, driver is in a hurry and tries to make a pass, losing control of her vehicle and colliding head on with someone else. Infant in the car - quite possibly her own - is now dead. Getting there 15 minutes early is not worth it by any stretch of the imagination. For you, me, and all of us, take it easy and get there when you get there. That way, we can all come back here and talk about our success, instead of the dead.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Good luck making 15 minutes. More often, the moron who passed me is still in view in front of me when he reaches his destination or pull off. They rarely save more than a couple seconds.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Good luck making 15 minutes. More often, the moron who passed me is still in view in front of me when he reaches his destination or pull off. They rarely save more than a couple seconds.
    A couple of seconds could mean missing the Whittier tunnel or not. That is huge!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

That stretch of road near Cooper Landing is a beautiful drive, but very hazardous if you are tired or in a hurry. Slow down and enjoy the drive. That is one road where I do not feel guilty about driving like an old lady.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Quote Originally Posted by bilder View Post
    That stretch of road near Cooper Landing is a beautiful drive, but very hazardous if you are tired or in a hurry. Slow down and enjoy the drive. That is one road where I do not feel guilty about driving like an old lady.
    Very true, I dont mind driving a little slow to make it home safe....

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that when driving to the beach to dip, slow down. The fish will still be there, you don't have to hurry. Three dead yesterday on the Sterling Highway. One couple killed on a motorcycle because someone else crossed the center line. It is not clear if that was a sleepy driver, drunk driver, or what. But, in another accident, driver is in a hurry and tries to make a pass, losing control of her vehicle and colliding head on with someone else. Infant in the car - quite possibly her own - is now dead. Getting there 15 minutes early is not worth it by any stretch of the imagination. For you, me, and all of us, take it easy and get there when you get there. That way, we can all come back here and talk about our success, instead of the dead.
    Not only was it the infant of the lady who caused the wreck, her 4 year old son also died Saturday from his injuries. How sad. Hope she's on suicide watch after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Isn't that the truth!
    I recently added a bumper sticker to my camper: " I drive the speed limit, deal with it.".

The boy who died was my son's best friend. Try explaining that to a 3 year old. Please be respectful of the family and the mother who's lost her children. We don't KNOW exactly what happened or even if she was in a hurry. We do know that she was passing another vehicle and lost control. That's it!. I do agree that slowing down is good for everyone on the roads.

Thanks

You know what? It's way beyond time to "be respectful". A fatality the other day on the Sterling highway. Another serious head-on yesterday on the Kenai Spur. It's about flipping time that the public get a little bit ticked off at just how light-heartedly people take the operation of a dangerous piece of machinery. Driving is serious business. Every time you get behind the wheel, you are responsible for the life safety of everyone on the road. A bit of a reality check is seriously in order here.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!