Thread: Anchor Point Launching ?

Default Anchor Point Launching ?

Rumor has it the natives will not be launching this year. State has it up for bid. Anyone know more on this?

The Natives never had it. John Hyland and Marine Services had it and the one in Ninilchik. He pulled the plug on Anchor Point right about the last day of 2006. He waited till the last possible minute to let everyone know. This left very little time to put another service together.

The guy that owns the Anchor Point Seafoods on North Fork Road in Anchor Point but in a bid that was accepted by Parks. He made an arrangement with Joey to buy the tractors that used to be there. From what I understand the price has gone up to 50 bucks. I also hear that Joey has agreed to work with him for the first part of the summer in order to teach him the beach and etc.

Therefore the answer is yes it sounds like there is going to be a launch in AP this year.

Charterboat Operator

Default Its True

just got an e-mail from Joey & Tonda, its all true! Joey is working on the tractors already and is going to help Paul Warner get started anyway. Guess they are lookin for a couple of hands to help out down there on the beach, if any one knows of someone looking for a summer full of fun at the beach!
    anyone interested can pm me and i will get you there contact info!

Not interested in a summer job, but would very much like to see a tractor launch at the Anchor this year. I know I'd use them.

Still to expensive to launch there.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Still to expensive to launch there.
    It is a very short season, and they have to make as much money as possible in a small window of opportunity. Winters get pretty skinny. Most folks don't have full time jobs to see them through. The ones with the jobs, simply have to pay the way of others when times are tough. Operating a tractor launch is work, and lots of hidden costs associated with it.

Talking

So I suppose if it were cheaper they would launch more boats and have more costs? Sorry I just don't see an additional expense of $50 being worth while. The drive to Homer isn't much further and if I was on a 3-4 day trip I could get full hookups on the RV and still save money. I'll have to pitch that to the wife, I need to get my moneys worth outta that shower