Thread: Fairbanks dipnet purchase

Default Fairbanks dipnet purchase

Can anyone give me any tips on buying a dipnet or two in the Fairbanks area later this month? Thanks.

If you are buying a net for Chitina, buy it at Frontier Sporting Goods. I had my son pick one up for me when he lived there. Get three sections, net, and the handle, they will know what you are after. I've tried different nets over the years and this is my favorite. I catch more fish, ask my boys!
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

And if your going to the kenai save your money and get one of Mikes nets at mikes welding in sterling.
    For sure not all dip nets are equal. But you won't want this one for chitna.

This is for the Juneau area, Which means Sweetheart creek; needs a long strong handle.

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    And if your going to the kenai save your money and get one of Mikes nets at mikes welding in sterling.
    For sure not all dip nets are equal. But you won't want this one for chitna.
    you can get a kenai/fish creek dipnet w/ gillnet and a handle at costco....I'd forget about chitna it sucks, I'd go to fish creek

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov