Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knik Glacier Run

Default Knik Glacier Run

Hey all you jetboaters...heading up to the Knik Glacier tommorrow (sat 07-23-2011) if you all want to join...Meet at the access under the highway about 9-930 am....Plenty of water...will be a blast for sure..."fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the fisher View Post
    Hey all you jetboaters...heading up to the Knik Glacier tommorrow (sat 07-23-2011) if you all want to join...Meet at the access under the highway about 9-930 am....Plenty of water...will be a blast for sure..."fishon"
    I'll be there Bob; my boat reserve oil tank was replaced and I did a test run to the bridge (the one before jims crk) no problems surfaced, Glen Wooldridge covered the fix, Thanks GW

By the way have you caught any silver yet (on the kink)

Big Thanks to you two, had a ball. We need to get together again.
    Mike

Bob post some pictures. I would have loved to bring the Blue Tub up, but house full of company and trying to fish the salt. Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Bob post some pictures. I would have loved to bring the Blue Tub up, but house full of company and trying to fish the salt. Dan
    IMG_4832.jpgIMG_4848.jpg
    Here's one of HCL and Bob the fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_alaskan View Post
    IMG_4832.jpgIMG_4848.jpg
    Here's one of HCL and Bob the fisher
    Bob trying out the ice slide; IMG_4822.jpgIMG_4823.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HCL View Post
    Big Thanks to you two, had a ball. We need to get together again.
    Mike
    Mike at the head waters of the kink;Attachment 51047Attachment 51048

Good on all of you. I hope to have a boat to join you next year, for now I am up for little su runs in the Jon boat. Great pics, and seems like great people. Never did hear the fishing report........Bob.......

Quote Originally Posted by Don_h View Post
    Good on all of you. I hope to have a boat to join you next year, for now I am up for little su runs in the Jon boat. Great pics, and seems like great people. Never did hear the fishing report........Bob.......
    Don thats our next stop; we talked about a trip on the Little -Su, how's the fishing (silvers), here's another one of Mike putting around the ice bowl; no fish here;IMG_4843.jpg
    IMG_4827.jpg

Silvers are in, but low. Lots of chum right now though, so there is action. My silver report is three days old though, i talked to a guy who had one from about six miles up from the ramp. They are there, but not easy yet.

Mike at the head waters of the kink;Attachment 51047Attachment 51048

Trying get the photo's to post; IMG_4830.jpgIMG_4837.jpg

Silvers are in, but low. Lots of chum right now though, so there is action. My silver report is three days old though, i talked to a guy who had one from about six miles up from the ramp. They are there, but not easy yet.
    How's the water level, this was 17 mile up river fron the ramp; I had my green horn badge on that day.Picture 060.jpg

My wife digging with the paddle and the "Dog's look" priceless

Well I have only been about two miles above the end of the public use area but the water is up right now. Had a big spike the last few days but last check it was falling, this rain may change that. Was a little over 3.80 when I was there on Tuesday and that seemed huge to me, burial a greenhorn still myself, thou if I was alone think I could have ran to hatchets the way the river looked. Lots of chinook rolling around though so nice to dink around.

After looking, Tuesday was around 4.5 ft and down to 3.5 as of the last report.

It sucked!!!....way to windy to fish yesterday...hope to try again soon though..."fishon"

Hey Blue Thunder...I'm not sure if that beauty of yours can run skinny enough to get to the glacier. From the boat ramp up to Jim Creek (about 8 milesish) you should be fine though. Maybe sometime you come up and ride with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

Tony....I just tried to pm my email address to you and it says you can't accept messages....whats up with that? I have to have these pix buddy....sickness sliddin up on that berg...acutally, I will call you..."fishon"

Bob trying out the ice slide; IMG_4822.jpgIMG_4823.jpg

Hey Blue Thunder...I'm not sure if that beauty of yours can run skinny enough to get to the glacier. From the boat ramp up to Jim Creek (about 8 milesish) you should be fine though. Maybe sometime you come up and ride with me...
    That blue beauty can make it to the glacier with ease ...I'd love to join you next time out...let me know when you head out again...there's a neat little hike on the opposite bank once you get to the ice with a great view...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Tony....I just tried to pm my email address to you and it says you can't accept messages....whats up with that? I have to have these pix buddy....sickness sliddin up on that berg...acutally, I will call you..."fishon"
    Mail box is not full so the reason is unk to me? all the other times it worked so I have no clue. I emptied my inbox (way under 50) maybe that will help. I PM'd you with an e-mail address and I'll send you the pictures.

Sweet T...that would be great...You think Blue Thunder can make it hu...kool...you must have a different route than I...Blue Thunder...did you get that? Hope we can all get together sometime and run that river..."fishon"

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    That blue beauty can make it to the glacier with ease ...I'd love to join you next time out...let me know when you head out again...there's a neat little hike on the opposite bank once you get to the ice with a great view...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast