Thread: European Optics?

Default European Optics?

Why are the prices of European optics going up in price every year? I bought a Carl Zeiss 65 power diascope spotting scope 2 years ago, here in Alaska, now the same exact scope today is over $300 more even in Cabelas, was told that it was because of the Euro. ...not sure, just wondering........K

Forum Sponsor

It really is a matter of the dollar vs the Euro plus the transportation costs to get it here has increased with the fuel surcharges in the past year or so.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Cool, seems like they have the monopoly, they know we like the european glass! and we are willing to pay the price. ...K

Smile

Hopefully the price keeps going up, their product isnt changing just the money.It helps bring out the quality of the lesser companys at a much smaller price.Its working great.Coues

K, it's because they know all you rich GIs can afford them after coming back.

I bought a pair of 8x42 Trinovids from Doug last year with the understanding if I did not like them I could send them back for a refund, minus the shipping. I still have them, and this summer will probably buy a pair of 10x42 Ultravids. The difference in optical clarity and resolution between the Leica and any American or import binoculars is easy to see by looking through a similar magnification glass. Perfection takes time and time = money.

Bearbait,

Yeah I know, they pay us pretty good $$$ to be here, with all that cola and housing allowance, I might go buy me Schmidt and Bender scopes for all my rifles.........hehe.

..I ready to go bear hunting!