I'm really torn and need some advice. Here is the hunt I have planned:
So, what do you recommend for waders?
- Alaska moose and grizzly hunting
- Grab canoe and pull canoe upstream on little creeks and small rivers for 3 days. Go over beaver dams, portage a bit, etc
- Once at hunting area, hunt fairly typical moose habitat.
- Float rivers back down at end of hunt
Here are two extremes:
Should I consider hip boot instead of chest waders?
- Light breathable ones like Cabelas dry-plus. These would have the advantage of being cool and light. We will be working very hard and generating a lot of heat. These have the disadvantage of being less tough. The waders wont do much good if they have big holes.
- Heavy and tough like Lacross Brush Tough: These waders seem a lot less likely to get ripped. But they will very hot and heavy.
SHould I bring a spare pair?