Thread: Willow Creek

Default Willow Creek

How is Willow Creek doing??? Any Pinks or Grayling running good???

Was up there Wed... Pinks, chums there (barely) and occaisional silver. wx was bright and sunny and fishing very slow. needs a couple more days

Alright. I just want to get some of those pinks when they get in.

Normally the pinks and chums are in this early. The silvers don't usually show up until August. It seems like they are a little late this year. Grayling are in there though. Try dry flies. I was catching them the other day. Catch and release only though, The rainbows are further up the river where the kings are.

there are also lots of rainbows to be had AT the mouth

Was there yesterday. Multiple pinks on at any given time. I had 12 on total. Of course the lion's share were foul hooked, one had the belly ripped open like an eagle had just missed it. Kept 3 for my parents. Sitting it out for another week waiting for silvers on the advice of some other sport fishers I see out there every time it actually gets hot.

Went trout fishing above Deception Creek on Sunday and saw a few silvers up there. They are already moving through the sustem.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

I fished Willow Creek mouth for a few hours last night. Foul hooked a bunch of Pinks, one legal hookup on them, caught two legal hooked Chums, and had a couple of Silvers on but they spit the hooks. They are in there, just gotta get under the pinks and resist the urge to set the hook on those "bumps" as you cross the Pinks. :-)
    All in all, a good time not too crowded and lots of Pinks out there.

AK Chappy