Thread: Fuel Efficiency

Default Fuel Efficiency

I have a new boat (2006 18' Yamaha G3 Jon boat, 2006 Yamaha 90 horse [jet drive] four stroke motor, and a 30 gal. fuel tank). Anyone have any idea what type of fuel consumption I should expect to have with this set up? I plan to use it for both hunting and fishing and am trying to estimate fuel consumption....yea I'm early - I can't wait to get on the water.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Default Performance specs

All of the info you are looking for is on the Yamaha website. Go to 90 hp jet, click on performance bulletin. I think this will answer all of your questions. Lots of info GPH, MPG, and MPH at any given RPM

Default Fuel Efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance2pb4ugo View Post
    I have a new boat (2006 18' Yamaha G3 Jon boat, 2006 Yamaha 90 horse [jet drive] four stroke motor, and a 30 gal. fuel tank). Anyone have any idea what type of fuel consumption I should expect to have with this set up? I plan to use it for both hunting and fishing and am trying to estimate fuel consumption....yea I'm early - I can't wait to get on the water.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
    At 100 miles it would be a real good idea to be tied up at the landing.
    It's never too early to get on the water. Give me open water, air temp above freezing and somewhere to back the boat in.

Yamaha's webiste; I didn't realize they had that info there...thanks.