Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Alaska cg oupv question

  1. #1

    Default Alaska cg oupv question

    I have a couple friends coming up from the lower 48. They have out of state sport fishing licenses. I was talking with a guide and he said I can't take them out unless I have a cg 6 pack license, is that correct? They were excited about going out in the boat and were planning on buying some of the gas. If we can't it's no problem I am sure they will have a blast fishing from the shore. It is weird if that is true because many locals take others out in exchange for some fuel.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    galena
    Posts
    139

    Default

    alaskan,,IM PRETTY SURE YOU CAN AS LONG AS THERE NOT PAYING YOU ANYTHING AND YOU SPLIT COST EQUALLY BETWEEN ALL OF YOU,,YOU CANT GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT NOT EVEN FUEL,,

  3. #3
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaskan9974 View Post
    I have a couple friends coming up from the lower 48. They have out of state sport fishing licenses. I was talking with a guide and he said I can't take them out unless I have a cg 6 pack license, is that correct? They were excited about going out in the boat and were planning on buying some of the gas. If we can't it's no problem I am sure they will have a blast fishing from the shore. It is weird if that is true because many locals take others out in exchange for some fuel.
    Sounds like the guide was trying to drum up business. It is perfectly fine for all of you to go out on your boat and share expenses. Your friends just need to purchase AK licenses.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  4. #4
    Member Armymark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    624

    Default

    What a load of crap. Take your buds out fishin and if they want to pay for the gas cool. Your not doing anything wrong. If your charging 200 bucks a seat for gas your a liar and will get caught sooner or later. Gimini cricket!

  5. #5

    Default

    Thanks I meant non resident Alaska licenses.

  6. #6
    Member pacific23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Whitesboro, Texas
    Posts
    534

    Default

    As said above^^^^Make sure they ALL get the proper AK license and GO FISHING .

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    galena
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armymark View Post
    What a load of crap. Take your buds out fishin and if they want to pay for the gas cool. Your not doing anything wrong. If your charging 200 bucks a seat for gas your a liar and will get caught sooner or later. Gimini cricket!
    your friends cannot! pay for all the gas equal shares including you,,

  8. #8
    Member pacific23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Whitesboro, Texas
    Posts
    534

    Default

    If your FRIENDS want to leave money on table in the galley or fill your boat up for you ...THEY CAN .

    This has been beat to death on other forums, now if you TELL them it's $XXXX.XX a day to go fishing THEN your doing it for hire.

    Easiest way is to start with a full tank [YOU] and when your done for the day fill it back up [Them] because they just want to help you with the boat .

    And next time ...DON'T ask or say when your fishing here on the forum.

  9. #9
    Member Armymark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    If your FRIENDS want to leave money on table in the galley or fill your boat up for you ...THEY CAN .

    This has been beat to death on other forums, now if you TELL them it's $XXXX.XX a day to go fishing THEN your doing it for hire.

    Easiest way is to start with a full tank [YOU] and when your done for the day fill it back up [Them] because they just want to help you with the boat .

    And next time ...DON'T ask or say when your fishing here on the forum.
    Amen Pacific! Commomn sense is certainly not a common virtue.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •