Thread: Reboring/rechambering, who does it?

Default Reboring/rechambering, who does it?

Any of you know of any smiths in Alaska who re-bore and re-chamber factory Remington barrels? Also, is it possible to change the function of a Remington Mod. 7 so the bolt is "locked down" when a round is chambered ?

I don't know of anyone who can rebore/re-rifle a barrel in Alaska. Re-chambering can be done by some competent gunsmiths.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Veneta, OR

JES reboring in Cottage Grove OREGON does barrel reboring and 338 is the smallest bore diameter - He does an excellant job for reasonable rates and is a very good business man with great customer service - you can google him for contact info AND Yes, you can "fix" the model 7 bolt to do what is should have done from the box ! at least a good gunsmith can

Great news about the bolt. The Mod. 7 Predator I picked up has a 22" fluted barrel that is big enough in my opinion to be of 6.5 bore. It is a .243 now but I would like to change that as the Grand Kids grow. The .260 Rem. is what I was thinking of. I have my Dad's old Mod.70 .264 in my safe which is probably why the 6.5 bore interests me.

Why not just rebarrel the desired rifle with a take-off Remington 260 barrel. Just keep your eye open for a take-off on gunbroker or gunsamerica. The alteration would be cheaper than the rebore job you are considering.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

That's a great idea. Looking for a 22" barrel in .260 Rem.