Thread: Launching at O’Brian Creek!!

Thumbs up Launching at O’Brian Creek!!

So as always I launched my boat at O’Brian Creek this year. Of course I paid the $15 to cross their land. When I was confronted, as every year I was told that it was now ok to launch again by the Jeff The white rep. the Chitna native corporation hires to harass people. He told me the corporation finally came to terms they couldn’t control what people do once they have crossed their land and hit the high water mark. He also told me they are supposed to redo some of the policies and next year you can pay a $50 all access fees to launch and camp all year.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I'm not real sure how that’s going to affect anything. We still have to pay to cross their land. The way it was explained to me was the barricades to distinguish state and chitna land will still be in place and it's mostly the dollar amounts have changed. It would be nice if the state came in and did some improvements at the launch. It was a lil tricky getting the boat off the trailer last weekend. Mark Hem wasn’t too happy about it because of he thinks he will loose his customer parking from all the boats, trailers, and others in their party. Due to it's still free to park on state land and not chitna.