Thread: Just a reminder...

Default Just a reminder...

For those of you venturing to the Kenai Peninsula, do not leave anything where others might have access to it. Left my fishing rod in the back of the truck and didn't lock the topper. Sure enough, it was gone this morning. Not the first time I've had stuff taken from me down there.... just an fyi. Don't want to see anyone else lose any stuff.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Up to today I thought the peninsula was fairly crime free, the cop at my neighbors house said they had a break in. Do keep your possesions close by, particularly your firearm.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default No Place Is "Crime Free"

It seems an unfortunate fact of life anymore that we have low-life,scum-sucking leeches living among those folks that just want to live life without being abused by others.
    Thanks pike-place, for the timely reminder to cover our own butts---no one else will cause it ain't their job.

I hope they get busted for snagging reds with it!!! Sending Karma to the thief NOW!!! Chant On....
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    For those of you venturing to the Kenai Peninsula, do not leave anything where others might have access to it. Left my fishing rod in the back of the truck and didn't lock the topper. Sure enough, it was gone this morning. Not the first time I've had stuff taken from me down there.... just an fyi. Don't want to see anyone else lose any stuff.
    note to self.. Bicycle lock for the dippnet strapped to the top of the car... got it!

hey its not thievery its Personal Use!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Is that what they call it in the "valley" ?

No no no, the "thief" is just going to turn around and sell it for profit. Then spend the money in his hometown and boost his local economy.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMonkey View Post
    No no no, the "thief" is just going to turn around and sell it for profit. Then spend the money in his hometown and boost his local economy.
    Taking from others for personal benefit or to turn a profit is called Capitalism. It's what our country is based upon.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    hey its not thievery its Personal Use!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Collett View Post
    Is that what they call it in the "valley" ?

Naw, it's what they call it over on the dipnet forum.

Hadn't you heard? The dipnet association condones and sanctions trespassing....At least if leadership by example is to be believed....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Bummer that your gear was lifted. Not right but certainly the way of the times.....

We certainly are able to be self centered when we want to be.... but I sure wish it were different. I would be sick if that happened to me. Just how I'm wired. It's a very ugly business...that of taking from others.

Hope you're in a position to re-gear and get out there and catch the TONS of reds in the rivers.

Peace,
    FF
    "The Nation which forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten.
    In memory of our troops...defenders of our freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    note to self.. Bicycle lock for the dippnet strapped to the top of the car... got it!
    Good idea thanks, I guess i'll fix my canopy lock too!

FYI, their favorite thing to steal is coolers with items in it, whether it be beer, food, fish, etc.

Little scum bag *******s. Got a new setup today, pissed they got my Daiwa Millionaire 300S. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.