Thread: Looking for other Beaglers

Default Looking for other Beaglers

Hi All -

I am so glad I found this forum...I have been searching high and low for a forum where I can find some Alaskans with beagles. First I tried finding a beagle club, no where to be found in AK. Then I have tried going forum to forum searching for Alaskans and could find nothing. I have a 2 year old beagle who I take out every so often and he does okay, but I would love to get with other beaglers who would be willing to go out with us and run rabbits, I want to make this my hobby with my little guy. Not necessarily looking to hunt just yet, just looking to train (I've heard they have worms this time of year?). Also anyone have a club trying to start up or interested in looking to start a club, even possibly in the future running some field trials. It seems that beagles are popping up a lot more lately and we should get something going. Let me know what everyone thinks or send me a PM and we can talk about getting the dogs together to run.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

I've looked too and there is a hound group. Nothing that I found to actually hunt live game though. I have a Saluki/mix that is hot for fur. He's not interested in the plastic bag, lure coursing but put fur on it and he's all over it. I'd like to get him out though I understand your interst in finding other beagles. If you do Facebook go over to Facebook Page "Alaska Dog News" We have over 1012 fans and feel free to post a request looking for other beaglers.
    Linda Henning - Publisher
    Alaska Dog News

Thanks Linda I will give it awhirl. I'm just surprised that I haven't received anymore replies. I guess the beagler community is not as strong or tight nit as they are down south. Kind of depressing.

thanx share good work.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Actually there are few breed specific clubs here in Alaska. They are on the AKC books but rarely have events. The groups and sporting clubs,multiple breed clubs are larger and more active like the hound club in your case. But they don't do any live game work that I know of. I'll give my contact a call and check. I know when I got Morgan I checked into sight hound sports and people are much more active running rabbits in the south west and Europe as pest control.

I did check with AKC and found lots of retriever specialty clubs, but that was about it. Like I said on FB though I am still hoping to go out this weekend and I will send you an email by tomorrow night if I know or not. I might have had something come up that sprung at the last minute and will have to check the schedule with that tomorrow. I guess at this point beagle or not, it will be good to get Cruzer out in the woods, which he loves, and with other dogs.

Amy

Do a search for beagle on here. there are a few members with beagles on here that hunt with them

Hey,

I have a 6 month old purebred male beagle that I have been training to run rabbits. So far we have been working on search and find, retrieving, and tracking with various scents. I am at the stage where I need to start applying rabbit scent to out training sessions. I am looking for frozen or tame rabbits. Also, I am working on combining him with other beagles who may have more tracking expereince. If anyone is interested in getting together or has acccess to rabbit or rabbit scents let me know.