Thread: Places to Rent Dipnets in Soldonta or Kenia?

Default Places to Rent Dipnets in Soldonta or Kenia?

I'll be travelling this weekend to Soldotna and am not able to take my gear on the plane. Is there anyplace I can rent a net to get into the shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticNorseman View Post
    I'll be travelling this weekend to Soldotna and am not able to take my gear on the plane. Is there anyplace I can rent a net to get into the shuffle?
    None that I'm aware of, but here are two suggestions:

- Mike's Welding is one of Alaska's premier dipnet-makers, and he's in that area. Call'm up and ask if he rents'm.
    - Member AlaskaCanoe here on this forum rents some gear (don't know if dipnets are part of that) out of Sterling. You can often run into him on this forum's canoe forum.

Report back if you solve this problem; likely others would like to know the same answer - I've heard this question before.

I will be down there thurs-sat and may have an extra net, if you can't find anything private message me and I'll give ya my Phone to coordinate.

Yes B&C( I hope thats right) rental just north of Soldotna Has a electronic sign that says that they rent dipnets.
    Never used them and don't know anything else.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Just a suggestion: If it costs more than $50 to rent one, you might consider just buying a brand new one when you're there and then offering some lucky person a super deal to buy it off you when you're done for the day. You could end up paying no more to buy it for the day than you would to rent it. I was dipping next to a guy the other day who had just sold one of his nets to a family who only had one net, and man, those were some happy folks.
    Or, you could post on here and tell everyone when and where you'll be and make the same offer: Brand new net, used only once, at a good price, available as soon as you get all the fish you want.
    Just thinkin' out loud here. Good luck to you.

Drove by today and realized I was off a little it is CBC rentals not B&C.
    Here is a link to their website.
    http://www.peninsulatent.com/
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

...adding dipnet rentals to my list of enterprises that can cater to traveling dipnetters (that's in addition to camping spots, ice, snacks, ice cream truck, fire wood, clean/pack/freezing service, etc.)

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    ...adding dipnet rentals to my list of enterprises that can cater to traveling dipnetters (that's in addition to camping spots, ice, snacks, ice cream truck, fire wood, clean/pack/freezing service, etc.)

...and DipNetProtectors...

Dipnet protectors is just another name for a parasail. Don't ask, you don't want to know!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default CTD dipnets?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Dipnet protectors is just another name for a parasail. Don't ask, you don't want to know!!!
    Sounds to me like either Ron Fuller or Mike's Welding is paying you to Crash Test Dummy (CTD) their gear by not tying it down!

I do love my DNP!