Thread: Heading to Soldotna?

Default Heading to Soldotna?

I'm looking to fish the lower this weekend and I am not too familiar with camping places. I've stayed in Centennial Park many times, but what other options do I have for tent camping in that area? I get off late Friday and don't want to be hung out to dry if Centennial is full.

Thanks

im sure with the number of fish its going to be hard to find a camp spot late friday. We were down about a month ago and it was hard enough to find a spot to camp for the russian. We ended up campping at bings.

Try Wallmart,,,just kidding Swiftwater park, Riverbend, Stewarts, also all the way to the end of Big Eddy Road JWs place down there. I forget the name they all would be good, but may all be full. If no luck there you may need to go out of town down Swanson river road and camp at those camp ground spots. I would try all the way down Big Eddy road.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Trakn hit it pretty spot on for campgrounds in Soldotna.If all of those places are full you might have to do some driving.Some of the campgrounds off Skilak Lake Loop might have openings.Johnson Lake ,near Kasilof,may have some.Coho Campground has tent camping as does Crooked Creek State Campground.
    Any place you go to for the next couple of weeks will be busy---good luck finding a spot--you'll probably need it.
    Do you have any freinds down here that would let you throw a tent up at their place ?Might be an option.......

Just a quick note... a friend came down today and wanted to camp at Centennial and it was full. Sounds like they're pretty packed... just a heads up...
    English is an odd language. It can understood through tough thorough thought, though.

Ya... I figured that much. I just wanted to have all options out there once we find out Centennial is full