Thread: Lake George drop off

Default Lake George drop off

Does anyone know a company who will do a drop off at Lake george. Either on the mud or on the small cub strip near the picnic table. Please let me know Thanks Chef

Default lake george

Mike Meekins, BAT, Grasshopper, and I'm sure there are others. By the way if you are talking the picnic table at the base of the glacier, you can use other aircraft (strip is long enough although a bit bumpy) with a good pilot (disclaimer: not advising landing anywhere with any type aircraft) so don't think you HAVE to use a cub. Same goes with most of that area. If another airplane is cheaper for your need, talk to the air taxi about it. What I am getting at is Grasshopper has a Maule that may be cheaper in the end for 2 person drops for example.

i flew in with grasshopper and out with BAT, Bat woulda been cheaper but the guy at grasshopper told bat to charge me the same price i was paying grasshopper, grasshopper couldn't make it so i had to call bat to get me out and he tried to charge me the grasshopper rate, from wasilla with a maule, but drop me in palmer with his cub, by the hour bat woulda been 300 bucks cheaper, we went round and round on this one, i was ticked big time, screwing me outa money just because i was suppose ot pay more to fly in the maule to wasilla don't mean i want to pay the same price for my wife to have to drive an extra 45 mintues to pick me upin palmer. i'll never fly with grasshopper again. only took two months to get the check from BAT...wasn't real impressed with our mat valley air taxi's.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I was thinking Alpine Air out of Girdwood, since that seemed like a good operation and Girdwood isn't too far by air from Lk. George. They used to fly a C-185 on wheelski's but I went to the website and they appear to be exclusivly helicoptors now and I'm not even sure if it's the same owners. Anyone know?....Louis

I think Alpine is exclusively helicopters now.

Try Wiederkehr Air out of Palmer, 745-4002. Superb cub pilots, they are the ones ADF&G calls for mountain survey work.