Thread: Dumping P.U. fish into local waters

Default Dumping P.U. fish into local waters

Every single year when I fish the local streams in Anchorage, I come across dozens of discarded personal use fish in these creeks. This year is no exception. While fishing yesterday in Campbell Creek as I walked down to the Diamond bridge, I found a bunch of discarded reds caught from THIS YEAR! Obviously, this idiot took more fish than they could handle. EVERY single year I see this more than a few times in the local streams. Normally they are fish from the previous year, but these were from this year. What a complete waste of our resource. Give it to the homeless shelter, your dog etc., or maybe next time, take only what you need!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Besides wasting the fish, those reds make an excellent bear attractant. Idiots.

What a shame and a waste! Really every year? I believe you myself no doubt but watch out for thewhop2000 and Joat to try and discredit you on this one.
    This fits perfectly in the "How much of last years salmon did you take to the dump" thread.
    I guess Joat needs another catergory for his poll: No I threw it into a stream in Anchorage.LOL
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    What a shame and a waste! Really every year? I believe you myself no doubt but watch out for thewhop2000 and Joat to try and discredit you on this one.
    This fits perfectly in the "How much of last years salmon did you take to the dump" thread.
    I guess Joat needs another catergory for his poll: No I threw it into a stream in Anchorage.LOL
    It's hard to discredit the facts. I've fished the Anchorage streams 2-3 times a week from thaw out to freeze up for over 27 years. These are my stomping grounds and I know more about these streams than most. As more appear over the next couple days, I'll post pictures. If you are bored, drive down to the Diamond bridge were Campbell Creek flows underneath. You will find what I see every year.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    It's hard to discredit the facts. I've fished the Anchorage streams 2-3 times a week from thaw out to freeze up for over 27 years. These are my stomping grounds and I know more about these streams than most. As more appear over the next couple days, I'll post pictures. If you are bored, drive down to the Diamond bridge were Campbell Creek flows underneath. You will find what I see every year.
    Thanks for being honest and telling it like you see it. Rep sent!
    I would take pictures myself but I live in Kenai and am currently on the slope.
    Would appreciate it if you would take some though and post them.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"